Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you identify projection bars in renko charts for use in efs studies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you identify projection bars in renko charts for use in efs studies?

Hi,

At the very least how do you get the most current traded price?

As the current bar develops the projected bars don't seem to be accessible to efs studies.
    close(0), close(0,inv(1)), etc. returns the value for the last completed bar, so does getMostRecentTrade(), as demonstrated in the following script.

PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);
    }
    function 
    main(){

drawLineRelative0close(0), 5close(0), PS_SOLID3Color.red"test");// draws the line on the close of the last completed bar and is not affected by the projected bars.

if(getMostRecentTrade()) drawTextRelative0getMostRecentTrade(), getMostRecentTrade(), Color.bluenullText.ONTOP Text.CENTER"Courier"10"kkx" );//returns the value of the last completed bar.

return getMostRecentTrade()+"";//doesn't return the current trade.  It returns null on renko charts until a new bar forms then retains that value until the next bar is formed.

Thanks,

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM.

Renko Interest

Wayne I would be very interested in you thoughts on renko - I have the same problem with projection bars on not recognized by efs studies, your alert is 10 bars hindsight sometimes.
    Thanks for

Originally posted by waynecd View Post
    Hi,

At the very least how do you get the most current traded price?

As the current bar develops the projected bars don't seem to be accessible to efs studies.
    close(0), close(0,inv(1)), etc. returns the value for the last completed bar, so does getMostRecentTrade(), as demonstrated in the following script.

PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);
    }
    function 
    main(){

drawLineRelative0close(0), 5close(0), PS_SOLID3Color.red"test");// draws the line on the close of the last completed bar and is not affected by the projected bars.

if(getMostRecentTrade()) drawTextRelative0getMostRecentTrade(), getMostRecentTrade(), Color.bluenullText.ONTOP Text.CENTER"Courier"10"kkx" );//returns the value of the last completed bar.

return getMostRecentTrade()+"";//doesn't return the current trade.  It returns null on renko charts until a new bar forms then retains that value until the next bar is formed.

Thanks,

Wayne

Comment

Greg,

I'm just now studying possible trading uses for Renko charts so I'm a novice using them. They can be very useful or, if not understood, dangerous for an accounts profit/loss primarily due to price excursions above/below the last formed bar. There are a lot of resources on the web about them.
      I'm waiting for a reply from tech support about access to projection bar data so no thoughts yet on that.
      To what alert do you refer?
      [quote]your alert is 10 bars hindsight sometimes[\quote]

Wayne

Comment

My thanks to the developers, Eric Eostrom, and especially to Alexis Montenegro who reported the bug a long time ago (http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....-on-version-11).

getMostRecentTrade() now works on Renko charts.

Wayne
        Last edited by waynecd; 07-02-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X