Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Error in "Ease og movement"

Hallo Forum

If you take a look at my screen shot, you will notice that for some strange reason the "Ease of movement" study shows no data after the fourth of June. I have no idea how to correct this error in the script. Hope somebody can assist me in locating the incorrect line.

Kind regards

Gotan4711
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gotan4711; 07-04-2013, 06:58 AM.

Mads
    Any time you perform a division [such as for example when calculating nBoxRatio] you should first run a check for 0 or null on the divisor and if this is true you interrupt the execution of the script eg
    if(myDivisor==0 || isNull(myDivisor)) return;
    myDivision = myDividend / myDivisor;

else the equation will return Infinity if the divisor is 0 or NaN if both the dividend and divisor are 0 as is the case on June 5th (see image enclosed below) where the Volume is 0 and the High and Low are the same price (hence returning 0 when subtracted one from the other)
    Alex

Originally posted by gotan4711 View Post
    Hallo Forum

If you take a look at my screen shot, you will notice that for some strange reason the "Ease of movement" study shows no data after the fourth of June. I have no idea how to correct this error in the script. Hope somebody can assist me in locating the incorrect line.

Kind regards

Gotan4711

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro View Post
      Mads
      Any time you perform a division [such as for example when calculating nBoxRatio] you should first run a check for 0 or null on the divisor and if this is true you interrupt the execution of the script eg
      if(myDivisor==0 || isNull(myDivisor)) return;
      myDivision = myDividend / myDivisor;

else the equation will return Infinity if the divisor is 0 or NaN if both the dividend and divisor are 0 as is the case on June 5th (see image enclosed below) where the Volume is 0 and the High and Low are the same price (hence returning 0 when subtracted one from the other)
      Alex

Alex

Thanks a lot, it really worked! First I tried to write the line in the script, but for some reason I couldn't print the two vertical lines and there fore I was forced to use the copy paste function instead. So now the latter part of the script looks like this:

nMidMove = ((high()+low())/2) - ((high(-1)+low(-1))/2);

if(volume==0 || isNull(volume)) return;

nBoxRatio = (volume()/10000) / (high()-low());

nEMV = nMidMove / nBoxRatio;

May I ask what the two vertical lines means and why it isn't possible to write them in the script?

Mads

Comment

Mads
        Actually you are not running a check for 0 or null on volume. That line of code should have been
        if(volume()==0 || isNull(volume())) return;
        Anyhow you are running a check on the dividend and while this may work in this instance you really should be running it on the divisor as good practice. While in JavaScript dividing by 0 returns Infinity [assuming the dividend is not 0] in many other environments it returns a “Divide by 0” error.
        With regards to the meaning of the two vertical lines [aka “pipes”] see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase on JavaScript operators.
        Not sure what you mean that it is not possible to write them in the script. I use them all the time Shift+\ or Alt+124 (on numeric keypad).
        Alex

Originally posted by gotan4711 View Post
        Alex

Thanks a lot, it really worked! First I tried to write the line in the script, but for some reason I couldn't print the two vertical lines and there fore I was forced to use the copy paste function instead. So now the latter part of the script looks like this:

nMidMove = ((high()+low())/2) - ((high(-1)+low(-1))/2);

if(volume==0 || isNull(volume)) return;

nBoxRatio = (volume()/10000) / (high()-low());

nEMV = nMidMove / nBoxRatio;

May I ask what the two vertical lines means and why it isn't possible to write them in the script?

Mads

Comment

Working...
        X