Movement of EFS study from 10.6 to 11.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movement of EFS study from 10.6 to 11.6

I had an EFS study which used a function called "onLButtonDblClk" in the study. Because of this, when I used to double click on any candle, the study used to start from that candle.

When I moved this study from 10.6 to 11.6, the study doesn't start on double clicking the candle. Instead, the chart panel gets maximized.

I read the following on the EFS Help Library: -

"Starting with version 11.1 all mouse functions require the use of the Shift key when called from the chart. This change was done to avoid conflicts between EFS and chart mouse events (such as right clicking or double clicking) without compromising any backwards compatibility."

When I pressed shift and clicked anywhere on the chart, eSignal is crashing.

Please suggest a way out.

Thanks!

Any ideas on this??

Comment

hasting
      FWIW the efs mouse functions are working fine at my end using several computers and scripts (including some that use the onLButtonDblClk() function such as Divergence Software's Cycle Analyzer)
      Post the script that you are using (preferably in its entirety rather than just snippets of code) as suggested in the guidelines of this forum so that others can try to replicate the issue
      Beyond that make sure you do not have conflicting hotkeys.
      Alex

Originally posted by hasting View Post
      I had an EFS study which used a function called "onLButtonDblClk" in the study. Because of this, when I used to double click on any candle, the study used to start from that candle.

When I moved this study from 10.6 to 11.6, the study doesn't start on double clicking the candle. Instead, the chart panel gets maximized.

I read the following on the EFS Help Library: -

"Starting with version 11.1 all mouse functions require the use of the Shift key when called from the chart. This change was done to avoid conflicts between EFS and chart mouse events (such as right clicking or double clicking) without compromising any backwards compatibility."

When I pressed shift and clicked anywhere on the chart, eSignal is crashing.

Please suggest a way out.

Thanks!

Comment

A snippet of the pertinent code blocks might entice someone to help.
        Unless it is something recently worked on it's hard to know what is going on without testing some code.

Wayne

Comment

Ok. Here's the snippet of the code: -

function onLButtonDblClk( barIndex) {

start_index = Math.abs(barIndex);

DrawMyLine();

debugPrintln('Please wait...');
          }

function DrawMyLine()
          {
          LogBarData("MyData");

}

In this code, the function onLButtonDblClk is not working at all in version 11.6. It used to work fine with 10.6. Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Comment

hasting
            The code you posted seems to be working fine so the issue is probably caused by something elsewhere in your script (or your install).
            Alex

Ok. Here's the snippet of the code: -

function onLButtonDblClk( barIndex) {

start_index = Math.abs(barIndex);

DrawMyLine();

debugPrintln('Please wait...');
            }

function DrawMyLine()
            {
            LogBarData("MyData");

}

In this code, the function onLButtonDblClk is not working at all in version 11.6. It used to work fine with 10.6. Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick help. Unfortunately, it is not working in my eSignal. I am using 11.6. To check the code, what I am doing is first open the "Formula Output Window" and then on the chart "double clicking" the "left mouse button" anywhere below or above any candle.

This doesn't show anything for me in the "formula output window".

Since, it is working for you, please tell me if I am doing something wrong in executing/ calling the strategy/ code.

Comment

hasting
                In 11.x you need to press the Shift key to use the efs mouse actions (in the case of your script example Shift+ double left click)
                Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick help. Unfortunately, it is not working in my eSignal. I am using 11.6. To check the code, what I am doing is first open the "Formula Output Window" and then on the chart "double clicking" the "left mouse button" anywhere below or above any candle.

This doesn't show anything for me in the "formula output window".

Since, it is working for you, please tell me if I am doing something wrong in executing/ calling the strategy/ code.

Comment

Ohh...

Thanks Alex! I didn't know that. It worked. Is there a help document somewhere on the knowledge base site or somewhere else? I seem to have missed that.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

hasting
                    It is explained in the Notes section of this article of the EFS KnowledgeBase on the Mouse Functions.
                    That said I am not sure I understand how you were not aware of it since you yourself quoted that article in your first post of this thread
                    Alex

Ohh...

Thanks Alex! I didn't know that. It worked. Is there a help document somewhere on the knowledge base site or somewhere else? I seem to have missed that.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X