Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Minor Bugs & 1 Feature Request.

"Study Properties" Dialog Box Bugs:

1. Formula Parameter List box does not always show vertical scroll bar if number of parameters exceed list box height. The problem seems to be intermittent, especially when I define parameters in EFS/preMain(). To workaround, place focus on last visible parameter then use arrow key to scroll down.

2. When you define a Boolean Formula Parameter in EFS/preMain(), it is passed to main() as a string containing "true" or "false", depending on its check state. Seems like it should be passed into main typed as a Boolean.

FEATURE REQUEST:

1. It would be nice to synchronize charts based on crosshair position using a hotkey. For example, I have multiple advanced charts on the ES, each on a different time frame. I would like to be able to position my crosshair on one chart, then press a key to reposition or center all other charts to the same time.

Thanks,
    K.

Re: 2 Minor Bugs & 1 Feature Request.

Originally posted by kcramer
    "Study Properties" Dialog Box Bugs:

1. Formula Parameter List box does not always show vertical scroll bar if number of parameters exceed list box height. The problem seems to be intermittent, especially when I define parameters in EFS/preMain(). To workaround, place focus on last visible parameter then use arrow key to scroll down.
    I think this maybe fixed in the next version. I'm currently testing out a new build (internal alpha test, not public yet,) and I can't duplicate this. Attached is the EFS code I'm using to test with (has 20 fp entries.) Can you duplicate the problem with this code?

2. When you define a Boolean Formula Parameter in EFS/preMain(), it is passed to main() as a string containing "true" or "false", depending on its check state. Seems like it should be passed into main typed as a Boolean.
    Not sure why this is done. Would have to research further. Is there any impact seen on your code because of this? If so, could you describe in further detail?

FEATURE REQUEST:

1. It would be nice to synchronize charts based on crosshair position using a hotkey. For example, I have multiple advanced charts on the ES, each on a different time frame. I would like to be able to position my crosshair on one chart, then press a key to reposition or center all other charts to the same time.
    Chart time sync'ing has been mentioned in the past. I'll drop an email to our Product Development Team to add another vote in the hat.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Issue #1: Initially could not reproduce problem but then it appeared after editing study parameters several times. See attached picture.

Issue #2: No significant code impact but cost me about 15min trying to figure out why code would not work and make appropriate change to test expression. Instead of using “if (bArg) …” now have to use “if (bArg == ‘true’) …”. There is a performance penalty using string comparison but I’ll never notice.

Appreciate the vote on chart synchronization.

Thanks,
      K.

Comment

Forgot picture
        Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the formula parameter screen (pic) not always showing the vertical scroll bar I have also intermittently experienced this with efs that allow more editing than the box can dislpay. It only seems to happen if I edit the same efs many times. I suppose it gets upset with my multiple edits.

Brian

Comment

Working...
          X