Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put/Call Ratio

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a study/formula available to view the Put/Call ratio of individual equities? Is it possible to create one or is the data not available in eSignal to properly construct it?

Thanks!

Derelict,

Put/Call Ratio's of any flavor are not available on eSignal. In order to calculate this with an EFS one would need to sum up either the value or volume of all the puts and divide them by the same value for the calls. The symbol limit for EFS is only 5, so this isn't possible with EFS.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Put/Call and other breadth issues

Correct me if I am wrong. I believe S&P Comstock which is now owned by Esignal supplies this data. Quote.com(Esignal's competitor), which buys its data from S&P comstock provides a vast assortment breadth issues including put/call ratio and put/call volume.

It would be nice to see Esignal supply at least what is available through Quote.com

How about Esignal compiling a custom S&P 500 Advance/Decline line for all of the futures traders?

Comment

Re: Put/Call and other breadth issues

Originally posted by Himalaya
        Correct me if I am wrong. I believe S&P Comstock which is now owned by Esignal supplies this data. Quote.com(Esignal's competitor), which buys its data from S&P comstock provides a vast assortment breadth issues including put/call ratio and put/call volume.
        Just to clarify, Quote.com calculates nearly all of their own breadth symbols on their servers including the put/call ratios instead of receiving them from Comstock. We do have put/call ratios on our list of items to add to our feed. Please keep an eye on this FAQ for future updates.

How about Esignal compiling a custom S&P 500 Advance/Decline line for all of the futures traders?
        I believe this has been requested in the past, but I'll drop an email to our
        Product Development Team to make sure.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Hi there,

I just found this old thread; I would like to know if there is a formula or study for the Put/Call ratio on the NYSE in ESignal yet?

Cheers

Comment

It's certainly not possible to calculate the Put/Call with an EFS formula (too many symbols, and you couldn't hard code the symbols as they are always changing.) We are actively planning to release a Put/Call Ratio in one of the upcoming eSignal product releases. I'm unsure at this point whether it will 7.9 or something later in the year, but it is coming.

Thank you for your continued interest.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Any Plans to add New Highs and New Lows for the NYSE and Nasdaq? That would be nice also. Now have to go get if from Quote.com or Yahoo, or Reuters, etc.

bigtee

Comment

While it doesn't produce a flat chartable number, the eSignal Scanners can produce a list of stocks that are making new yearly highs/lows. This can then be tied to a Quote Window, and can further be sorted by other criteria if desired. It may not be a complete solution for you as I believe you are more wanting the statistics for this, but it may help.

As far as getting the actual stats for this info, it has been on our to-do list for quite some time, but hasn't been scheduled at this point. Those that are looking for more statistic type of symbols, I'd encourage you to email our Product Developers requesting that. If there's an increase in demand for it, we'll try to get them included sooner.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                X