Help, question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, question?

How can i place horizontal lines for intra day of the high and low for x bars in the day.

Example; if i want to say have the high and the low of the first 20 bars in the day marked with a horizontal lines

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

NB

Newtron

I hope I understood your question in the right manner.

Just draw a orizontal line with the "pencil" in the "ray" mode or use an horizontal line.
    Both are identified by icons ; you can easily spot them on the top icon menu or:

on a advanced chart > right click>Line Tools than choose horizontal line or the Pencil "Trend Line"

Otherwise you should look for an EFS in the BB that trace the highest and the lowest in any determined TF; has no determination of # of bars but if you look for something at the opening that will be surely ttraced since there is nothing else before ( provided that your time template is correctly set)

Alternatively you should write a specific EFS.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by fabrizio; 09-14-2003, 06:31 AM.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I thought as much... thank you

Q? i want it to be universally applied to each chart i look at so when i am scolling through the symbols in the quote window which is linked to a sinlge advanced chart. How can i get the high of the day and low of the day for X bars to be universally applied when i flick from chart to chart automatically?

Thank you for your quick response

NB

Comment

I thought as much... thank you

Q? i want it to be universally applied to each chart i look at so when i am scolling through the symbols in the quote window which is linked to a sinlge advanced chart. How can i get the high of the day and low of the day for X bars to be universally applied when i flick from chart to chart automatically?

Thank you for your quick response

NB

Comment

Newtron

A) Save the advanced chart in the config you prefer wich encompass efs - or many other studies - in, as a TEMPLATE; you'll call it in the manner preferred .
          Once in a quote windows you maight recall a AC from there c just clicking on the symbol;

afterwards you will:

right click>style Templates> load the Template you have previously saved.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thank you F

Comment

newtron

Allow me a correction . It arose in reading my last post to you.

The solution I suggetsed you is to be considered as a GENERAL PRACTICE.

As a matter of fact if you follow by the book my answer you will find a number of manual lines totally incorrect on any new Chart you recall ; lines actually 100% useless and cluttering your screen.

So said , you should just:
              write a new EFS with the specifics of the 20 bars and so on

since the EFS I suggested you would not fit your needs.

Once you have properly written and tested than load it on the chart and save it following the "GENERAL PROCEDURES" for STYLE TEMPLATE i've mentioned.

I apologize for the misunderstandable answer and I hope i've been clear enough in this last post.
              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thank you it has cleared this up and given me ideas onhow to do what i want

....now all i need to do is learn how to write the code lol

Thanks again

NB

Comment

newtron

Just post a request in plain english describing what the EFS should perform in the EFS forum; someone will support you.
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Hello NB,

Here's a formula that will give you what you need. It will draw a horizontal line at the high and low of the first x number of bars on an intra-day chart for the current day. The default number of bars is set to 20, but you and change that as well as the color and thickness of the lines through the "Edit Studies" option.

xBarsHighLow.efs
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager
                    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                    EFS Glossary
                    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason