Adjusting input lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting input lengths

I need a 20 ema and 2.5 ATR as inputs. My edit function only allows me to adjust the ema length. The above are defaults in the "Help" section but these studies do not correspond to the library studies. How do I edit the library Keltner studies to get these input lengths ????

halsall
    If you are seeking a formula that plots an ema channel calculated on ATR you may want to look at the efs referenced in this thread.
    Alex

Comment

I don't really need an ema based on ATR but a Keltner with a base ema of 20 and bands based on 2.5 ATR. This is a default in the Help section but it doesn't exist in the study library.

Comment

halsall
        FWIW in the efs I indicated the ema is not based on the ATR. It is the bands that can be based on the ATR (or a multiple of it).
        All inputs and parameters are user selectable and adjustable
        Alex

Comment

Accessed the thread below and saved the file -- when I tried to download from the library on to a chart I got "Syntax error" -- am I completely technically inept ??? Or is there a simple solution ??

Comment

halsall
            Attached to this message is the efs I suggested.
            Click on the attachment and save the file to any of the subfolders in the Formulas folder of eSignal.
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Still getting Syntax Error message

Comment

halsall
                It is working at this end as can be seen in the image below.
                What version of the software are you running?
                Alex

Comment

Hello halsal,

FYI, I'm moving this thread to the EFS Studies forum. Please review our EFS Library - Discussion Board Guidelines. We would like to keep all new threads in the EFS Library forums limited to new formulas. Feel free to reply to a thread, but if you want to start a new thread, please do so in the EFS Studies forum. Thank you.

In regards to your problem, please give us some more detailed information. Open your formula output window (Tools --> EFS --> Formula Output Window) and tell us what the exact syntax error message is. Also, what symbol, interval and time template are you using?
                  Jason K.
                  Project Manager
                  eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                  EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                  EFS Glossary
                  Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Alex, looks like I have been using older eSig version - updated and now looking good. This is only slightly dumber than -- "my computer is now switched on - no wonder the screen was blank!!!"

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, Alexis[U]

Comment

halsall
                        My pleasure. I suspected that the version could have been the issue which is why I asked you about it. Glad to hear it is working fine now.
                        FWIW you will notice a slight difference in the bands between the Keltner efs and mine. I suspect that is due to my using the ATR study as opposed to the Hi-Lo range to calculate the bands.
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X