Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Thread "Builtin efs revisited" -- Builtin on different sym

Hi Alexis,
    Do you know how to utilise the Builtin studies so that they can be applied to a specific symbol : -

Eg - an OBV of the NQ #F

Thus, i can save this study an apply it to an adv chart of the ES #F,for example.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul
    I don't think it is possible, but as I am not positive about this you may want to confirm it with someone from eSignal.
    Alex

Comment

Correct. This can't be done yet. We are working on enhancing EFS to be released in the eSignal 8.x series (next year), and this should be one of the enhancements.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay / Alexis,
        Thanks for the reply. I been using the 'RSI of a specific Symbol' study that was written by Jason k for a while - he actually wrote the whole code for the RSI, which is great because it provides the opportunity to play with the input coding of the RSI (rather than rely on 'close' price input) to test different results - and also apply the RSI of a symbol to 'another' symbol.
        I was just writing this and going to say that it would be good for eSignal to create the Builtin studies with their coding exposed, when the solution came to me! .... and its usually the 'obvious' solution that you can't understand you missed it!

Basically the majority (or all?) of the Builtins have been coded by TSSupport - i just checked the OBV study and the coding is shown - so i've copied accross the coding for a 'specific symbol' from Jasons RSI study - problem solved (until another one usually comes along!).

Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X