Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 1 shape per bar

Hi
    I have been working on trying to get more than one shape per bar. I can only seem to get either a spape on the bottom or on the top, but I can't seem to get both.

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks,
    chris

Hello Chris,

My guess is that you may be using the same tag name in your drawShape calls. It would be easier to identify the problem if you post your code.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jason. I actually rewrote the conditions on the signal to include all the conditions under one symbol. But say i wanted to add another shape on top of the current bar, if say for example cci > 200 is met?

Thanks,
      chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Chris,

You'll need to add a third set in the wizard. Then, in your drawShape call in the third set, add a fixed value to the y-coordinate so the shape doesn't overlap your shape from the other sets.

drawShapeRelative(0, high()+0.2, Shape.CIRCLE, "", Color.RGB(0,255,0), Shape.LEFT)
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Jason,
            I am still having a problem. When I try to add the change you suggested it doesn't do anything when the cci > 100. When you get a chance could you take a look at it?

Thanks,
            chris
            Attached Files

Comment

You need to...

Use the TAG feature of the SHAPES to control how many shapes can appear on a bar. You were not using the TAG feature of the drawShapeRelative function to enable this - thus you were only allowed one shape per bar.

I have fixed it in this code. You will see that I added a "barCounter" to your code and defined the TAG parameter to the end of your drawShapeRelative function.
              Attached Files
              Brad Matheny
              eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
              X