Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Renko Chart Update Colors

another Renko Chart question:

In using a 15 minute renko, for example, it will update every 15 minutes and display a number of boxes appropriate to the price movement of the stock.

Depending on the box size set, that 15 minute update may print 2 boxes, or it may print 8 boxes......in strong, long lasting trends, those arrays of boxes can get rather lengthy, and it becomes extremely hard to tell how strong the previous move has been (how many boxes were drawn).

I would appreciate any input or help on possibly creating an .efs which would have the renko chart alternate the colors of the boxes on every update....that is, for movement up, every 15 minute update would draw boxes in one shade of green, and then on the next update, a slightly different shade of green. Frankly, I don't even know how to begin on this one.

Cheers.

heeeeeey,
    whattaya know, I got something to work.
    can't really do much off of price on renko charts, but using 'time' did the trick.

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=48

shows how the efs works, also posted the code there.

It alternates drawing a color line after each painting of a set of boxes....and prints out the closing price of that set of boxes that was printed.

Inputs are renko box size, and delta from closing price as to where the arrow/closing price should be printed.

Comment

Working...
    X