Disabling alerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling alerts?

Say I have ten alerts defined. There are certain times when I want to stop receiving alerts - say the market starts moving very sharply and I don't want to be bombarded with all of my alerts going off in a rapid-fire way - yet I don't want to delete them since I will want to use them again later. I would like to be able to disable all of my alerts as a group, then enable them when I want to start receiving them again. In the alert settings I only see options to edit or delete individual alerts.

Is there a way to disable alerts as a group? If not, can I easily switch to another group of alerts that's empty?

If I can't do this, I would like to be able to disable and enable each of them individually. An example of another time where I want to do this is for those that I only to be alerted on during market hours (not overnight). Any suggestions?
    Tom

Tom
    Uncheck all the options (Popup, Audio and/or Email) in the Alert Mode section of the Alerts dialog box.
    This way the Alerts are still active (and may be triggered) but you will not be notified.
    Alex

Comment

I guess that should suffice. I'll just have to ignore the red Alert status in the Status bar, since I don't want to disable that.

Thank you.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X