Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if my code doesn't work will it not save??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if my code doesn't work will it not save??

i tried my first formula and i saved it. when i opened it up again the conditions were not there.. does this mean that the code didn't work and therefore didn't save the erronous conditions??

If you can't save the file...

It probably means that you have a file in a "READ ONLY" mode.

This sometimes happens if you download a file to start with. To verify the MODE of the file. Open the EXPLORER with your START button...

(Right-click on START, then click on EXPLORE. Next, scroll to the PROGRAM FILES directory, then double-click on it. Next, double-click on ESIGNAL, next double-click on FORMULAS. Now double-click on the folder that holds your EFS file).

When you get to the folder that contains your EFS file.....

SINGLE-click on the EFS file you want to check, then right-click on it and click on PROPERTIES. Near the bottom, you'll see checkboxes (like READ ONLY, ARCHIVE and others.. Make sure READ ONLY is not checked, then click APPLY.

This will change the MODE of your file from READ ONLY to ARCHIVE - which means you can now save your changes to the file.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

not read only

i made the code in the wizard and it is not read only.. is there anything else it might be?

Comment

well......

This could get difficult.....

It could be a number of things...

It could be that your changes had not affect.

It could be that your changes resulted in an error - thus halting the EFS.

It could be that you modified the wrong file..

If you want, post the file here and I will try to help you.

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

i got it

my problem was in wizard... i was using strategy.isintrade and it placed a condition after it(<>== etc..) so what i did was go in editor and delete it. when i opened it in wizard the code wasn't there bc i deleted a portion that was required for the wizard to recognize it. ...im assuming thats why wizard didn't show it.

thanks for the help

you know how i can put in the formula to close positions at the end of the day??

Comment

Working...
          X