Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving Line Segment

Hello, I am new to EFS.

I am programming a study and I would like the user to be able to draw a line segment and then have a study perform operations from values from this line segment. So, I need to know what the beginning and ending interval points are of the line segment in relation to the chart it is drawn on.

Also If the line segment is moved, I want the study to perform its operation again.

Is there any function reference call for this? such as:
    getLineSegmentValue(line_segment_name)

Thank you in advance!

Hello jeffery_regan,

Currently, this isn't possible, but it has been requested. The values/properties of the line drawing tools cannot be accessed via EFS.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

Note that this might be a little different from just regular request to draw/get info from existing linetools. This may, in reality, be a request to support the getting X,Y coordinates of the mouse during mouse clicks (as well as which button(s) were clicked), so that the user can write their own linetools. This has also been previously requested (by me), but is a little less requested than the first case.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Absolutely I want to be able to access the "values/properties of the line drawing tools" via EFS. I want to know the X and Y values.

Any idea about if this will be available soon?

Comment

Working...
        X