Quick fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick fix

Can someone tell me what I need to add or change, in changing the triggers on this efs? I want the triggers to work only if the whole "body" of the candle (open/close), closes below or above the moving average. Instead of its current function of triggering when any part of the body is above or below the moving average on the close of the candlestick.

Fibbgann
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FibbGann; 10-14-2003, 03:13 PM.
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

FibbGann
    I believ this does it
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Alex as always! I have a question for you if you can answer it? Could the following being added to the code without running into confliction with the previous triggers?

Buy trigger,

If candle is crossing "UP" through moving average, and the candle body closes on the moving average, with the candle closing above its open (positive candle)

And vise versa for the sell trigger.

Is this possible? I hope I explained it easy enought to be understood.

Thanks,

Fibbgann

Comment

FibbGann
        The attached efs should do what you asked.
        In order to make sure the signals from the previous efs are consistent with the added logic, they have been slightly changed.
        In the previous efs the Buy/Sell were at the Close of the bar that generated the signals whereas now those same Buy/Sell are at the Open of the bar following the one that generates the signal.
        In effect this is more appropriate as one would have to wait in either case (ie old and newly added logic) for the close of the bar for the confirmation.
        The different signals are identifiable by color. Lime/red are when the prior body closed entirely above/below the trigger line whereas cyan/magenta are when the prior Close is above/below but the body crosses the trigger line
        Alex

Attached Files
        Last edited by ACM; 10-15-2003, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alex I appreciate you improvising on that. Although I was using the triggers on the first bar to get my attention . This giving me time to briefly analyze the candles before the confirmation candle gave me the go ahead.

Thanks,

Fibbgann

Comment

I modified or should I say butchered? lol... the buy/sell(3). It works alot better on the backtesting, but I lost the lime/red colors or function. I thought there might be an ignore function that would cancel one or the other out, until one of the other two options for a sell was triggered. Instead of having 2 buy/sell triggers? Who knows... Can someone lead me to the source where can figure out how to code in the ability to change the MA in this efs using edit studies?

Thanks again,

Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the way it looks modified. I get about an average of 80% on backtesting. For those who are interested in this, wait til I figure out this last fix.(unless one can do it) The fix will increase the backtest percentage to about an average of 90%. There are 3 simple rules I follow in addition to this that makes my trades very successful. I will share once I get this fixed.

Fibbgann
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FibbGann; 10-15-2003, 07:46 PM.

Comment

FibbGann,

Have you had any problems with this latest buysell version updating properly in Real-Time? Monitored it a bit today and didn't seem to trigger correctly. Reloaded it and had different B/S triggers.

Curious,
                Michael

Comment

I think there might be a glitch in it, but, i don't know how to fix it the way I wanted too. I have to get someone to help me. But, I am always asking these guys in here to help. I am looking into some of the programming companies that work with esignal.
                  At this time I would use the buysell(2)efs below. Until I can find out if the exact addition I wanted added to the buysell(2)efs can be programmed without any conflictions. Just having one buy &sell signal instead of 2 on each side. Then I can apply the other few visual or programable signals that give me earlier entry/exit points.
                  Fibbgann
                  Last edited by FibbGann; 10-18-2003, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hi FibbGann:

It looks like you had a few typos in the Strategy Analyzer calls that were causing the extraordinarily good results. Attached is a 'fixed' version and you will see that the performance is much more down to earth. And, in the attached version, I am following your original logic and placing the trades at the close of the signal bar which, in actual trading, would be difficult if not impossible to accomplish. If you modify the script further and make all buys/sells at the open of the next bar (which is more realistic) then the performance drops even further.

I have run into this same problem with some trading scripts that I have worked on in the past.... just when I think I am ready to retire, I notice a typo and "boom", I'm back to working for a living

Chris
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chris... I completely agree that the open of the next bar is the right strategy. I wanted the signal on the close to give me time to take a look at the indicators before considering an entry.
                      I have additions that I want to add to this, so I will contact you to finish them.

Thanks,

Fibbgann

Comment

Working...
                      X