Would this be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be possible?

I doubt this is possible, but it could be interesting. Is there any way to take a study and have it applied across every issue in the NYSE to get a broad market reading? For instance, can you find all issues whose 8-period stochastics are overbought when using 5-minute bars for instance?

I am basically looking at different ways of looking at market internals beyond the usual A/D lines, up vs down volume, VIX, etc.

Incidentally it would be nice if eSignal added some more internal data such as new highs/lows, and volume at bid/ask.

not yet...

This can't be done yet (unless you had an EFS open for all the charts you wanted to scan). But I believe the developers @ esignal are working on ways to include this type of thing.

Don't hold me to this, but I hear they are working to revamp the quote windows and provide more flexability within this feature... (which is perfect for what you are asking).

We'll just have to wait until they release it.. (and keep patiently suggesting features we would like to see added).

I have created systems for clients that scan many markets for conditions. We just load the efs onto as many Adv Charts as we want, then minimize them. The EFS reports the information to the ALERT window and to the FORMULA OUTPUT WINDOW - so the users can see the results of scans across many charts.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brad, so I guess the answer is to load an advanced chart for each stock in the NYSE and then load up an efs along with it

I guess my request would fall under the broader category of scanners we can write efs for... which would be a great feature. Ill keep my fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
      X