X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty Loading Formulas

Hi

I´m stuck with 2 problems:

1) I´m trying to upload formulas into an advanced chart but all I get is error messages (#Formula Error#). What should I do?

(a sample file which produces the error is attached)

2) I´m using the following menu sequence:

TOOLS
    EFS
    FORMULA WIZARD
    OPEN FORMULA

No matter which file is chosen, I get the message:

“The file ***.efs was not recognized by the Formula Wizard. Do you wish to create a new, empty formula instead ?”

What is going on?
    Attached Files

Hello mservulo,

The Formula Wizard can only open formulas created by the Wizard. If the formula you try to open gives you that message, the Wizard can't read it.

If you are just trying to apply a formula to an advanced chart, just right-click on your chart select Formulas and then select the formula you would like to apply to your chart.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello Jason

Do you mean that the wizard cannot open any files (such as the ones that came with the software and are located in the directory esignal\formulas or the ones downloaded from the EFS Library) other than the ones created by myself using the wizard?

Regarding the second item on your reply, the procedure you describe is exactly what I did. It led to the error messages that I mentioned in my initial post (#Formula Error#).

Regards

Comment

Hello mservulo,

The Formula Wizard can only open formulas created by the Formula Wizard. Within eSignal there is a folder (\Formulas\Wizard) that contains some example formulas created by the Formula Wizard. You will be able to open those through in the Wizard. The other formulas that install with eSignal were created in the EFS editor. If you want to open one of these, use the EFS editor found in Tools--> EFS --> Editor.

I tested your attached formula and did not receive any formula errors. Please open the Formula Output Window (Tools --> EFS --> Formula Output Window) and tell me the specific details of the error are.

Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason

Thank you for the tips, I´ve been able to make progress and I´m now able to upload formulas.

Now I´m having some difficulty with the "Volume Profile.efs" (see attached), the error message has to do with "day size doesn´t match time template" (see attached .png). Could you please give me some tips on where I could learn how to work with time templates (things like increasing # of days loaded) ?

Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

File Attachment

Hi

Here is the formula
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello mservulo,

Open the formula in the editor and read the comments about frDaySize starting at line 137. Then visit the link to our FAQs below to learn more about creating time templates.

FAQ: How do I create a time template in Advanced Charts?
              eSignal FAQs at www.esignalcentral.com
              Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...