Size of shape object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of shape object?

Isn't it possible to specify the size of a shape object, as in drawShapeRelative? Am I missing something? Can it be done?

bfry5282
    No it cannot. The size of shapes are dependant on the spacing of the bars.
    Alex

Comment

bfry5282
      You could use drawText instead and use the various Wingdings (or equivalents) as font which offer some additional benefits besides the ability to control the size.
      In fact you can also center the font shape, it has an inbuilt spacing that separates it from the bar and you can color the background.
      Alex

Comment

Alex, could you elaborate just a bit more on your suggestion? It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understood what you had in mind.

Comment

bfry5282
          Attached is a very basic example of a circle drawn using drawTextRelative rather than drawShapeRelative.
          First advantage is that the library of wingdings offers a lot more shapes than that of Shapes. Secondly you can size the wingdings by virtue that they are a font. You also have better control of their placement through the availability of more flags (for example Text.CENTER, Text.VCENTER, etc). Another benefit is that you really don't have to "space" them from the bars because the wingding is always centered to the vertical spacing of the font. As an example notice that the dots are always spaced from the high/low of the bars no matter the interval. Just a few of the advantages IMHO.
          Hope this helps
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there a document that tell us what these flags are?

I'm looking to place several shapes vertically placed below a bar, and each shape would have a corresponding text below it.

W

Comment

William
              You can find the description and syntax for drawTextRelative() in this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
              For future reference you may want to bookmark this link to the EFS KnowledgeBase where you can find all the information regarding efs functions.
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X