Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula Wizard: MOM and MA of MOM with Colours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Wizard: MOM and MA of MOM with Colours?

Hello,

I am new to EFS and would like to know how I can write EFS to display the following lines in the same pane, using Formula Wizard.

(1) MOM (e.g. 10) of Close
    (2) MA (e.g. last 10) of MOM
    (3) If MOM (both current and previous) are above MA of MOM, set the current MOM line blue.
    (4) If MOM (both current and previous) are below MA of MOM, set the current MOM line red.
    (5) Formula is written so that periods of MOM and MA, and colours of both lines can be changed from "Edit Studies" function.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mori

Mori
    With regards to your points (1) and (2) click here for an example on how to create studies on studies using Formula Wizard.
    Points (3) and (4) can be easily implemented once you have created the basic structure of the study on study.
    As to point (5) this would not be possible to do with a formula created using the Formula Wizard.
    I would then suggest you look at this thread where you will find links to an already made and fully editable MAofMOM efs and an example of how to add color selection in Edit Studies.
    Alex

Comment

Alex
      Thank you for your information.
      I have been successful on point (1) and (2), but struggling on point (3) and (4).
      I set conditions for each case, but cannot find a command to change the colours of MOM line in the "...then the following will happen every time" section.
      I tried to use "SetBarFgColor", but it changed the colour of price bars, not MOM line.
      Please let me know how to do it.
      Mori

Comment

Mori
        It would seem you have selected setPriceBarColor.
        My suggestion would be to post what you have done up to now and we can go over it.
        Alex

Comment

Alex
          Further to my last posting, I managed to clear point (3) and (4).
          In the meantime, the red line sometimes crosses above MA of MOM, or blue line cross below MA of MOM.
          Is there any way to set MOM line blue only for the part above MA, or red only for the part below MA?
          Thanks for your assistance in advance.
          Mori

Comment

Mori
            If I understood correctly what you are saying the color of the MOM line does not change right where it crosses over the MA line.
            If that is the case may I suggest that you read through this thread as it explains why this happens.
            There is a possible solution but it cannot be implemented using the Formula Wizard.
            Once you have completed writing the script and are satisfied with the results then we can change the command using the Editor.
            Feel free to post the efs at any time if you need assistance
            Alex
            Last edited by ACM; 11-06-2003, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X