Point & Click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point & Click

Several drawing functions in eSignal allow "Point&Click" type of input.
    Is it possible to include this feature in our efs files?
    If yes, how?
    That would be so helpfull!

Thank you.
    Last edited by mbuta; 11-09-2003, 08:12 AM.
    Mihai Buta

If you mean a method of getting X,Y coordinates of the mouse when the user clicks on the mouse, this isn't available yet, but has been requested (by 3-4 people now).

If you mean something else, could you give an example?

G
    Garth

Comment

G, thank you for your reply.

No, I don't want the X/Y coordinates.
      All I want is to identify the bar, say get its index or something so I can refer to.

The idea is that it is easier to "see" than to code conditions. If I can identify the bar and say "this is the bar that meets the conditions I was talking about" then it will make my life much easier (I am not a power programer, my background is hardware).

I assume the facility is available, because FibRet/Ext, LineTool, etc. do exactly that, Point & Click to anchor certain bars, but I don't know if this can be done with what is made available to us.

Thans a lot.
      M
      Mihai Buta

Comment

AFAIK there is nothing that would allow and EFS to get this info based on random mouse clicks. However, this really is about the same thing as getting X,Y info from mouse clicks, as that would get you the price and index of where the user clicked. As I stated before this has already been requested. I'm not sure if it is on any roadmap yet however.

Garth
        Garth

Comment

How do they get the mouse info for Fibonnacci Ret/Ext, Time, Arcs and to draw lines, or Regression Channels?

I hope they will make those functions available to us.

Thanks.
          Mihai Buta

Comment

The linetools are built into eSignal and written in C.
            They have not yet exposed any interface to EFS that would allow this, at least none that I am aware of.

G
            Garth

Comment

The linetools are built into eSignal and written in C.
              They have not yet exposed any interface to EFS that would allow this, at least none that I am aware of.

G
              Garth

Comment

Ok, thanks.
                I made a suggestion to make it available.

M
                Mihai Buta

Comment

Working...
                X