Need help on ideas for tracking time during a given interval in adv. charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on ideas for tracking time during a given interval in adv. charts

While, I would like to be able to this in any interval chart, right now it is very important for me to use 5m chart, and look at a given bar/candle and see, for instance, that we are exactly 2:30 into bar/candle 72.

For now, I am using the Windows clock in the bottom right corner and am trying to guess as to what minute we are in during the 5 minute bar/cndle, but this is a poor solution, because the windows clock is not in sync with the start of a new bar. Also, I if I am able to guess that we are in say, the 3rd minute of the current 5m bar/candle, I don't know if we are at the beginning of a this 3rd minute or at the end.

I need this to calculate pro rata volume for the bar. So if there is 2000k after 1:30 minutes of the current bar, then I know that there will be ~6700k for the bar at the completion of the bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Parker

Try using this efs
    Attached Files

Comment

David:

Thanks so much for your script, although to be honest, I am not quite sure what it does, but I want to be able to figure it out and see if I can modify it to do what I want.

While I would appreciate it if you could answer some questions, you obviously know Java fairly well and I would like to get to a level of programming proficiency which will allow me to discuss the code with you on a more intelligent basis.

To that end, I was hoping you might have some suggestions as to what book I could pick up which would help me get up to speed in Java.

I already can program to some to degree in VB and of course HTML, so I am not unfamiliar to programming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

Parker
      Parker

Comment

Try using this, and lets us know if you need further readings.
        click here

Also go here and scroll to bottum of page there is a document that Matt posted.
        Click here

One more
        Click here

Don't hold me to this, But I beleive David's efs is showing the percentage (0-100) that the current bar has completed. For example 20% would mean 1 minute completed of the current 5 minute bar. I am not positive if this is universal with all time charts, David with have to help you there.

FIbbgann
        Last edited by FibbGann; 11-15-2003, 10:30 AM.
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

FibbGann:

Thanks for those resources, but I was hoping you knew of a book that covered the basics of Javascript from ground-up.

Anything you can suggest would be appreciated!

Paul
          Parker

Comment

The only JavaScript book I ever used was JavaScript, The Defintive Guide by David Flanagan at O'Reilly Publishers

Netscape has an online guide to JavaScript.

Warning - These references are designed to allow user to typically write code for web pages, which is slightly different than efs scripting.

All that means is you have to refer to the efs guides for the efs specific coding.

Take a look at some of the simple examples, like returning a moving average instead of using the builtin function, and see if you can walk befor eyou run.

Comment

Working...
            X