This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Matheny/ Ment.com Recommendation

I'd just like everyone to know that I just had a very pleasant experience working with Brad Matheny of www.ment.com.

I had three different scripts to be written envolving 3LB charts and he wrote all three to my satisfaction.

They didn't come out perfect at the start and I had a number of revisions that I decided to make, but he was always very pleasant and responsive.

I highly recommend him as a programmer
    Contrarian battle cry . . . "If it's obvious, it's obviously wrong."

Wow - Thanks...

John,

I really appreciate this.. I did not expect this at all.

Yes, your scripts were a bit more difficult to resolve than others (mainly because of your Alert triggering system and the varying filtering mechanisms we used). But your patience and my persistance got them all worked out - just like with other clients I have.

Again, I'm pleased to have you as a client and did not expect this post. I really appreciate it and hope your scripts are doing exactly what you want.

Talk to you soon buddy...

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Well,

How about sharing the scripts with us

Carlton

Comment

Sharing..

Carlton,

That is completely up to John. I will not breach the relationship I have with my clients. If I have developed something for someone, it is theirs and not mine. I don't have rights to it or the ability to share it with anyone.

If I did this, it would lead to the destruction of my reputation in this industry - I hope you can understand.

I'm not jumping down on you, just stating my position on this matter.

I'll tell you what though - in about a week, I'll be launching a new site where you can have access to some of my scripts. I'll let all of you know about it when it is ready to go.

B
        Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad,

I totally understand. I'm new to all of this and I wasn't sure of the etiquette.

I look forward to checking your site.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

I had a different experience than LIVTOTRADE. I contacted Brad Methany on 22 October via e-mail about possibly writing a script. He wrote, "I will look into it later today." I sent him a follow-up e-mail on 26 October, but have never heard back from him.

jrbarr

Comment

jrbarr

I was going to PM you and not clutter up this thread, but apparently you have it turned off.

If you PM me with the details, perhaps I can help.

Comment

Lack of reply..

jrbar,

I do admit that sometimes I get too busy to get to things right away. And sometimes, those requests fall off the top of my desk. I apologize.

I have reviewed your message and your request for converting the MACD system into a system that trades automatically with IB is completely possible. My schedule is going to open up soon and I should be able to help you with your project.

Again, I apologize for my lack of responce to your earlier message. I am current a single programmer that is attempting to support many clients. When my schedule opens up, that is when I try to take on other projects. I hope you can understand.

I will look at your request today and offer a reply.

Brad
                Brad Matheny

Comment

JR - solution...

JR,

Does this code work perfectly in real-time?? Meaning, does it generate the signals without any problem in real-time? If so, then it is a simple solution. We just have to add the esignal IB plug-in and the respective to at the points where the buy and sell signals are generated.

If the code does not work perfectly in RT, then it is a completely different matter. If this is the case, we have to first fix the code, then add the IB stuff.

I'm going to add the IB stuff to this existing code and send it to you. It will include simple buy/sell orders - nothing fancy.

If it does not do what you want, then let me know.

Brad
                  Brad Matheny

Comment

Sending you the file..

JR,

I'm sending you the file that is defaulted to trade only 1 contract (share).

I've added the IB stuff, but you will need to make sure you have the esignal IB Plug-in installed.

If not, Goto
                    eSignal IB Broker Plug-in and download/install the plug-in. It is located on the right side of this page - or look for the GREEN "plug-in" button.

Then you should be ready to go. Just install this file and it should start trading for you.

Now, There is nothing fancy with this file. I have not added any stops, trade times or anything else. I just made it able to place trades automatically to IB.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I will make sure to reply to you ASAP - assuming I'm not dead or on holiday.

Best regards,

Brad
                    Attached Files
                    Brad Matheny

Comment

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your prompt and thorough responses. I appreciate your explanation.

The MACD code does work perfectly in realtime. I downloaded all the files and installed them in sequence. Concerning the macdx-overalert-xxx.efs file, when I attempt to open it in eSignal 7.4, I receive a Formula Output Error message as follows, "Other II\macdx-overalert-xxx.efs, line 1: ReferenceError: IBBroker is not defined".

Please let me know, at your convenience, how I can remedy the problem that is pinpointed in this message.

Once again, I am grateful for your help.

jrbarr

P.S. David, as you see Brad has kindly responded to my post and addressed all my concerns in detail. If I feel I need further assistance, I'll surely contact you -- thanks.

Comment

IBBroker..

This means you have not installed the eSignal IB Broker Plug-in.

Visit the page I suggested earlier and install this "plug-in". All will be well.

Brad
                        Brad Matheny

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Brad Matheny/ Ment.com Recommendation'

JR

Brad is the best, I am sure he will do all he can to help you out.

>

Comment

gibberish...

BTW, if any of my posts seem like "gibberish", it is normally because of interruptions in the process or writing them.

I'm normally not that scatter-brained

(just reading my earlier posts and noticed how they sometimes appear like I'm saying to things in one sentance. This was because I got up to help my wife for a few minutes in the middle of replying).

Your understanding is appreciated.

B
                            Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad,

No problem with your writing style.

I'll re-install 7.4, then re-install the plug-in as it's still not working properly. Once I spend a few days tinkering with it, via the TWS demo, I'll report back.

jrbarr

P.S. David, thanks for the vote of confidence in Brad, which tallies with LIVTOTRADE's experience, and is reassuring.

Comment

Working...
                              X