Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Line Drawing Limitations

Jay or Jason,

Are there any limitations to the number of unique lines that are capable of being drawn. With this questions, I mean the following..

Let's say I want to draw unique line segments (one bar in length) spanning up to 100 bars. So for a single line (continuous) - it may require up to 100 individual line segments.

Now, I want to have up to 25 or 30 lines (each with up to 100 line segments - so to say - maybe less line segments - possibly 60 or so).

But is this possible and will I run into a problem with speed??

The other thing that I really need it the ability to allow the user to click on a bar and return that bar #. Any chance this is on the way??

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

I'm not Jay or Jason but...

Are there any limitations to the number of unique lines that are capable of being drawn. With this questions, I mean the following..
    They have said that there was no hard coded limit before...and that this has never been tested in house to determine what the practical limit may be

Let's say I want to draw unique line segments (one bar in length) spanning up to 100 bars. So for a single line (continuous) - it may require up to 100 individual line segments.
    I have had 100's of line segments on a chart before. I believe nearly 300 if I remember correctly.

But is this possible and will I run into a problem with speed??
    Yes you will, if you go to 100's.

The other thing that I really need it the ability to allow the user to click on a bar and return that bar #. Any chance this is on the way??
    Its in the newest release. I will drop some code in the fileshare tonight to give an example. It works pretty well...but read the warnings in the code.

I'll add a pointer to the location in this thread.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

OK,

I uploaded RiskReward.efs to my file share. It is a pretty basic risk/reward tool that captures users mouse clicks to determine entry price, profit target and stop loss. It then calculates the RR and total profit and loss potential.

Note that the comments at the start show some of the abilities and short falls of the current ability to grab mouse events.

Also note further on all the current possible mouse events that can be used in an EFS are listed...along with brief comments on things I noticed while using them.

Here is the link: http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...RiskReward.efs

and here (for anyone interested) is a picture of the tool on a chart:

Garth

Comment

Thanks Garth...

I have another request... Can you please post the file in a natural mode. That link you provided presents a non-linefeed text file (which is impossible to interpret).

Great to hear that EFS is improving to a new higher level of use.

The bad news - this new feature make most of the work I did today - WORTHLESS. Still, better to use the new mouse functions.

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

If you do a right click and save, it should save OK...but here it is attached via the "attach file" feature.

Since the attach feature is static, I would still refer back to the file share if anyone ends up looking at this thread a few weeks down the line...there might have been an update by then.

Garth
          Attached Files
          Garth

Comment

We can now do mouse click calculations throught efs? If so SWEET! Now a Fibonacci RET/EXT can be calculated with a few clicks?

Fibbgann
            Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Yes you can. It isn't everything we might want it to be at this point, but you certainly can capture left and right mouse clicks (price and time values of where the mouse cursor was when the button was pushed).

Garth
              Garth

Comment

Awsome efs Garth! Where is the documentation on this? (mouse functions that is) Or was this just covered breifly last week?

Fibbgann
                Last edited by FibbGann; 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM.

Comment

No official doc's...that's why I tried to pump out this EFS to show how the code works as soon as I found out it was available. I figured having the price magnet code there so everyone had some reasonable code to use for that would be good also.

This was another feature I have been asking for (ever since the EFS was first in alpha...sometimes if you bring things up often enough it does happen ;-)

Garth
                  Garth

Comment

This is so cool... Now I am going to be stuck at my PC for ever.

Fibbgann

Comment

After toying around with this efs I think that the magnet function (mouse click) is highly precise.

Fibbgann

Comment

Working...
                      X