RiskReward tool - mouse clicks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RiskReward tool - mouse clicks!

I'm repeating a post in a new thread so that this isn't missed because of being burried in another post on another subject. Sorry for the duplications, but I think it deserves it as it is a cool tool, and it also shows off some new EFS functionality.

I uploaded RiskReward.efs to my file share. It is a pretty basic risk/reward tool that captures users mouse clicks to determine entry price, profit target and stop loss. It then calculates the RR and total profit and loss potential.

Note that the comments at the start show some of the abilities and short falls of the current ability to grab mouse events.

Also note further on all the current possible mouse events that can be used in an EFS are listed...along with brief comments on things I noticed while using them.

Here is the link:

http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...RiskReward.efs

and here is an image of it:

Garth

As ususally you have shown how powerfull are efs and your capacity in mastering this noble art.

You know taht seldom I ask something in terms of EFS but there is a function that I miss from another platform.

I was used to point my mouse in at price level then ckck piint agin at another price level and see the results in Currency.

Is auto for each vchart so no matter if is an SP or a DAX or ruble , you get the monetary value from point x to y immediatly and can "live it there in form of sort of large parentesys ( people in ESIG have such platform and understand what I mean.)

It is very usefull. Is it possible to just tweak this one and obtain the same results in Monetari value rather than points?
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Hi Fabrizio,

I think you are asking me for the ability to display the profit and loss in terms of potential money to be made (or lost) instead of raw points. I think this is a great suggestion.

Since there is no method currently available to me inside the EFS engine to be able to determine the point value on the underlying I can't do this in such a way as to make it invisible to the end user.

However, I could add another parameter to "edit Study" that would allow the user to define a point value. This value would be multiplied by the raw points to determine the Profit and Loss numbers. This is similar to how the backtester, and other eSignal tools work.

I'll look into adding this and post up new code once I am done.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

A new version of this tool has been posted to my file share. It has implemented the point value concept.

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Thank you Garth
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

A utility to display the price at which the left mouse button was clicked, rounded to the nearest 0.25, ie for the ES H4

I wanted to make the 0.25 a variable but couldn't figure it out.

PS - Move the chart to the left to see the output
            Attached Files

Comment

This is so cool...

It constantly amazes me that something so simple and functional can excite me to no end. The possibilities are limitless with this.

The next question...

When will the other mouse functions be working??

Matt - great job. I know there is more in the pipeline, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all that you do.

Brad
              Brad Matheny
              eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Matt

I am an ignorant for what concern this art of Java script.

But I want to associate my appreciation to the Brad's one for what all you guys are doing . And for what is "in the pipeline"

And again Thanks Brad, , Thanks David,Thanks Garth (in alphabetical order)
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Tired of the buttons "floating" when newbars come in for the RiskReward tool? Me too. Here is the fixed version (it is being uploaded to the fileshare also).

Garth
                  Last edited by gspiker; 12-30-2003, 12:24 PM.
                  Garth

Comment

Here it is:
                    Attached Files
                    Garth

Comment

Thanks Garth! I modified your version just so I could move it into the corner. It gets in the way of the prices being located near the middle.

Thanks,

Fibbgann
                      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

FibbGann,

Yes, what we really need is either a way to create our own toolbar buttons (which would be very cool), or a method for being able to do both price and study pane formulas in one EFS (so we could put the buttons in their own study pane, even though lines and mouse clicks are captured in the price pane. There are also many other applications for being able to do a "split" study like this.

I did create an EFS were it determined when the price was close to the buttons, and then it would move the buttons to another part of the chart where prices weren't...but after showing it to Alex the feedback I got was that it wasn't easy to work with (I suspect trying to find the button's as the floating around the price window is what did it in). So I abandoned that idea.

Garth
                        Garth

Comment

FibbGann,
                          Did you post your modified version with display in the corner?

Comment

Working...
                          X