loading efs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading efs question

When I load one of the Built-in formulas it appears to process from the beginning of my chart data; ie. a moving average, no matter when I start it I get the moving average from the beginning of my chart.

I have written my own efs and it doesn't function that way. It starts from the instant that I load it, and doesn't process the earlier data....How can I get it to process the bars that are already on my chart ?

I am using a tick chart. I am also using the getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR to reset some variables for each new bar.

Please help...THANKS -
    Jennifer

Your efs should access the earlier data, unless you have a statement like this in your code:
    PHP Code:
    nIndex getCurrentBarIndex(); 
    if (
    nIndex < -1){return;} 
    If that is not the situation, please either post or PM a copy of such that either myself or other more knowledgable board member can review.

Comment

Solution...

Jennifer,

All EFS file work this way unless you specificically instruct them NOT TO operate this way.

For example.. If you use..

if (getCurrentBarIndex() == 0) {
      }

This will skip all the past bars and only begin operating on the current bar.

Please check for any conditions/restrictions that could cause your EFS to skip bars. You may have to rethink your file stucture.

Brad
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am going to run a couple tests and see what I can figure out...I'll let you know how things end up.
        Jennifer

Comment

Working...
        X