Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Advanced Get Indicators in EFS

Hello Everyone:

Briefly, I am a futures and options trader. I like XTL, JTI and some other Advanced Get indicators very much. Now, my question is that I can call some indicators in EFS. If the answer is yes, then, how?

For example, I want EFS give me an alert when XTL turns blue or red. The alert could be an email or sound.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Jason,

Have you tried to do a search on this? I know it has been talked about a few times on the BB and even an EFS written to show off how to use XTL.

Just click the seach button and enter xtl, or even AGET to get a wider serries of matches.

Should work. If you still can't find it let me know and I will go a searching.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

I have tried to do a search

I have tried to do a search on XTL EFs information on all the threads. I can't seem to find anything except other people looking for the same information.

Does any have or know about any EFS that monitors XTL signals that can alert you to color changes?

Comment

Well I was partly wrong, it was just a piece of code to show how to access XTL on this thread:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...ht=xtl+and+Efs

There was more info, they must be starting to eliminate the older posts...kind of sad all that knowledge going away. But I guess that's the price of sucess...tons of posts.

You can also download Chris's EFS help files and look at that. I belive he added all the GET functions that currently have EFS interfaces.

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Who is Chris?

Comment

bast93
            Chris Kryza (user name ckryza) and his group in FileShare is Specialty Scripts.
            The EFS Help Files mentioned by Garth can be downloaded in either Windows Help or HTML formats from here
            Alex

Comment

bast93

Does any have or know about any EFS that monitors XTL signals that can alert you to color changes?

You can find an example of alerts for XTL color change here
              Alex

Comment

Help with this Alert Script

Could someone please look at this script and tell me why it is not changing the line color in real time. When you first load the script the arrows and line color changes are drawn but as the market moves and the moving averages cross only the arrows are drawn and the sound alert is played. The line color does not change.
                Also if you use the "bar replay" mode and step thru you will see that the line color changes for a moment and then changes back to cyan.
                Also if there is a more logical way of doing this alert please let me know.
                Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

whatever
                  You may want to post this in the Jurik Forum in this Bulletin Board as it contains one of their studies
                  Alex

Comment

Hello whatever,

This bar coloring routine is a bit counter intuitive at times. For your formula, since you are only setting the foreground color at the instance of a new bar, the foreground colors you are using will only appear for the first execution of main(). What you need to do is create a global variable (vColor) and set this variable to your desired colors in your current routine where you use setBarFgColor(). At each new bar you will also need to reset vColor back to null. Lastly, at the end of main() add a routine that checks to see if vColor is null. If not, then call setBarFgColor(vColor). Make sure that routine is not inside a code block that only gets called at the instance of a new bar. I made the necessary changes for you in the attached formula with some comments where I added or changed your code. See if that works for you.
                    Attached Files
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager
                    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                    EFS Glossary
                    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

It works perfectly. Thank you Jason for your rapid response.

I will post on the Jurik forum from now on.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X