Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another MACD modification question

Alex or Jason or one of you expert javascript people:

I have been combing the threads and the EFS library and cannot seem to find a MACD study that is written from scratch. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one???

The reason I am looking for this--and maybe it is unnecessary--is because I am trying to tinker with the MACD by changing either the OSC line or SIG line to a VOLUME WEIGHTED moving average. Can this be done without writing a MACD study from scratch??

For instance, I would like to see a MACD (5,13,9) where the OSC line weights the volume of the current bar based on the past 5 bars' volume.

It appears that the MACD builtin uses ONLY a simple or a exponential moving average and not any other type....

Thanks for your help in advance!!
    Parker

There was a bunch of MACD code out there that did this, pre-builtins. Looks like those posts were scrubbed also.

Sorting through what I have it isn't clear which MACD did what (I have a couple of them-which I foolishly didn't comment).

But here is one that appears to be correct for a basic MACD.

Garth
    Attached Files
    Garth

Comment

Thanks!!!

...it is close to the builtin, but not quite. The convergences and divergences do not really match up. But it is a starting point.

I will try to change some values or otherwise modify it--I think it may have to do with the signal smoothing...

In the meantime, if anyone can help modify this script to match the output of the esig MACD builtin, or provide a new script of same, your help would be greatly appreciated.
      Parker

Comment

Working...
      X