Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS logic

I have a simple stoch system running on IB and wishes to improve upon it:

1. If I ''manually'' close a position with ver 7.5 Order Ticket, will my EFS recognize that the position is now flat or should I code in the manual buy/sell (with Bid/Ask buttons, etc) in the EFS;

2. How can I suspend or annul the original profit target or move entirely to another study's profit target if one feels it is a strong trend.

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Andrei

Andrei,

I would suggest two buttons be created within the EFS to do the tasks you are looking for. For a great example of this, check out Matheny Enterprises, Trade Buttons thread.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thank you for the advise but does your answer imply that a trade with the Order Ticket facility will not be recognized by the efs (or whatever position handled by the efs at that exact moment will be unchanged)É

Maybe I should just try it!

Cheers

Andrei

Comment

My apologies for not specifying. Yes, I don't believe there is a way (yet) to get EFS to listen for changes to order status from the Order Ticket window. Creating buttons in your EFS would be the way to do that with our current setup. Please note, I don't mean to imply with this that we'll create this functionality in the future, but hopefully we can at some point down the road.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thank you!

The other question was how can I change either the profit target which is pre-set (while the efs is running) or that the efs should follow the logic of another study (say move from a stoch to a MA logic within the same efs)É

Cheers.

Andrei

Comment

Regarding suspending or cancelling a profit target, I would suggest a button in the EFS code for that. Regarding using another exit strategy all together, you may want to utilize the SetGlobalValue function to save key data (i.e. Entry Price, Entry Time, etc.), and then open a seperate EFS that holds a different exit strategy that would key off of that global data. I'm unsure of the exact method for implementing that, cut conceptually it should do the trick.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Working...
            X