• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS momentum code possibility??

Is this possible in an EFS strategy??

If momentum indicator MOM less than < -0.11 allow short trades
    providing faster EMA below slower

If momentum indicator MOM greater than > 0.11 allow long trades providing faster Ema above slower EMA

Do not allow any position unless these conditions are met

Any ideas?

Regards
    Spam

Spam
    Yes it is possible. Here is a very basic permissioning efs. Based on the conditions for the MOM study and for the two EMAs it sets a vFlag to 1 (for longs), -1 (for shorts) or 0 (no trades). I have added the background color only as a verification.
    You can then add to it the rest of the trading logic using if(vFlag==1 && whatever other condition) go long, etc
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alexis can you also do the following for MACD?

If difference between red line - blue line MACD less than = <0.1 No position or close all positions

If difference between red line - blue line MACD more = > 0.2 then position taken either long or short if faster blue line is above or below

Regards
      Spam

Comment

Spam
        Wouldn't that just be the Histogram of the MACD? If the difference is greater >0.2 then by definition the blue line would be above the red and the opposite if the difference is > -0.2
        At least that is my understanding
        Alex

Comment

Yes sorry your correct I think I was not taking any notice of the histogram just the relationship between the MACD lines.

Can the histogram be linked into a EFS strategy say >0.2 long, if between 0.2 and -0.2 no position?????

Any ideas on formula anyone???

Regards Spam

Comment

Spam
            The attached formula returns the same plot (and paints the background accordingly) as the one posted earlier except that it uses the MACD.
            FWIW both this efs and the prior one are based on the builtin(studyname).efs that you can find in the Builtin subfolder of Formulas.
            Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Alexis,

I didnĀ“t changed anything. Do you know whats wrong?

Tomcat
              Attached Files

Comment

Tomcat
                Not sure what you think is wrong.
                Here is what I see on the same symbol/interval. Seems to be the same.
                Alex

Comment

It was my mistake. I had to reduce the settings for gb.

Tomcat

Comment

Working...
                  X