EFS as alert mechansim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS as alert mechansim

Is it possible to use EFS as an alert mechanism on a list of stocks. Let me elaborate. If I wanted to run a formula over a group of pre-selected stocks and get a signal say when price crosses above 20 day MA. How do you specify the stocks the formula runs over? Presumably esignal would need to be running all day to effectively do this? Is there a smarter way to achieve this???

I have to say the user manuals and support I have received from esignal to date has been less than useful so I am kind of hoping you will restore my faith a bit.

Solution..

I did this with another client scanning 100 stocks per "layout" and including about 3~4 layouts.

The solution is easy. Just create and test your EFS to generate the alerts, then create your layout with the charts you want loaded onto it..

I suggested this to my client and he "bauked" at the idea of having 100 charts loaded with 2 or 3 EFS files generating alerts - but it works fine. I told him to SAVE and MINIMIZE the charts he does not want to see all the time and let the alert window present the information.

I also told him to have 1 or 2 charts up that he can use to VIEW the information he wants. Everything works fine and he is trading away with this setup.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X