This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy protection

I have an EFS study that labels waves, computes 1-1 pattens, and automates fib retracements. It's been sold to a few people, but I want to add copy or license protection. I could develop something from scratch, but I am wondering if anyone else has already solved this problem or if there is a general solution available.

Tx,

Scott
    Scott Masters
    www.tic2tic.com
    [email protected]

Scott...

I have developed something that you can use. I'm getting ready to market it.

It is a web based enablement system. You can enable individual users for as little or as much time as you want and you can control multiple applications (files).

Everything is web based (on your web server - or on your ISPs server). If you want, you can download the file from the thread below regarding "Beta Testers for ECF". That file is enabled with this protection device.

Save it to your system and load it into esignal. You'll see that you are NOT ENABLED and it will ask you to visit my site for enablement.

Then simply follow the instructions (email me your esignal ID) and I will turn it on for a few days. It is that simple.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Smasters,

There is an efs that does the same as yours (based on your description) that is already available free to esignal users.

Fibbgann
      Last edited by FibbGann; 01-17-2004, 01:24 PM.
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Thanks...

Fib,

Thanks for the update. I know of the addEntitlement() feature and basically rewrote it for my own needs.

There are some differences in my application vs. the addEntitlement feature. Here is a basic list...

Maintains Client data (name, email and esig user ID).
        Allows for multiple application support (using APP ID).
        Allows for maintenance of clients and application IDs.
        Allows for adjustment of expiration dates.
        Allows for UNLIMITED expiration dates (per APP ID).
        Provides basic reporting features.

Additionally, my security module can provide "attributes" per APP ID.

For example, if you created a system ONLY FOR THE E-MINI, my security module could verify this remotely - or any other "attribute".

B
        Brad Matheny

Comment

Doji3333, I was refering to the efs Smasters said he has written.
          Sorry if I did not make myself clear.

Fibbgann

Comment

I would'nt mind knowing how to put a time expiration in codes myself. I have'nt been able to find and documentation on it though. Could you give me some insight or lead me in the right direction?

Fibbgann

Comment

Check out..

Look in the OTHER folder within the FORMULAS folder. You'll see "expired formula" that gives an example of how to do this..

The problem (I found) with this is that every time you want to issue a new expiration date, you have to change the EFS, re-compile the installation files and then send it to your user.

Very time consuming for me at least. My solution resolves all of this.

Brad
              Brad Matheny

Comment

Working...
              X