No announcement yet.

Dropped Connection Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though I don't have an answer that addresses any EFS solution to the problem, I wanted to explain why the missing data happens and how the DM and Chart interact.

When a symbol is entered in a chart or the refresh is clicked, the chart looks to the chart server for all the data up to that point. Going forward, the chart fills in the bars with updates from the DM. If the DM looses connection, there's no data coming in to continue updating the chart. The chart has no way to understand if the data isn't coming in because of a lost connection or just because there's no activity on the symbol.

When the connection for the DM is restored and data resumes, the chart reacts as if the symbol was just inactive for that period and continues to plot the new data going forward. The only way to get the missing data is to refresh the chart so that it makes a new request to the chart server.

Again, this doesn't address the question of if there's an EFS solution to fill in the chart, but explains why the chart accepts the lack of data.

Thank you

Comment

I am assuming that the DM knows when it loses it's connection based upon the red and green lights in the server status display. I am also assuming that the DM does (or could) know what the last tick was. Perhaps the DM could ask the server for the data going forward from the point where the DM lost the connection.

That would be a cleaner and more universal solution than a refreshChart() function. However, I would gladly take the function as a way to deal with the problem for now.

Thanks for your follow up.
      Last edited by Gavishti; 02-02-2004, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X