Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorporating a combination of costume indicators in an alert signal

Hi,

Would like to try writing an alert signal when certain conditions of several costume indicators are met (basically > or < 0 and crossover/under). The costume indicators are from a premium service to which I am subscribed.

1. How do I call these indicators?
    2. Where do I include the call statement (PreMain? Main?).
    3. How do I use them in the conditional clause?
    4. Do you have a good example of an efs file accomplishing this same scope?

I'm sure that many users had identical need before and there is a written template for such a venture in your armamentarium. I just can't find it in the help center or on the forum.

Thanks,

Ron

Hello Ron,

What is the premium service in question? The answer depends on the service and how the indicators are designed.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Relevant formulas are in a DLL

Hi Jason

Specifically I'm referring to KwikPop. The actual formulas are stored in a dll file. I'll work with the developer to get the proper calls to retrive the desired components of the indicators in question from the dll, but need to know in advance what should be the game plan.

Thanks, Ron

Comment

Hello Ron,

You may be able to do what you need right now. You can open the studies to see what parameters if any the formulas or functions within the formula require. Then you'll use call() or callFunction() to retrieve their return values. Alexis put together a nice explanation of the use of these two functions with some code examples. Visit the thread below. This should get you started. Let me know if you have any questions.

call() and callFunction() ...
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks and more

Hi Jason,

The link provided was very helpful, but I suspect not helpful enough when it comes to proprietary indicators, which may contain important components of an indicator in the dll file.

I think the best way to go about it is to use the following two KP indicators as an example (see the attached efs file, which contains both indicators together - I just cut and pasted one into the other): My goal is to generate an alert when ALL THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET: TSKPFAST1 is > 0 (=TSKPFAST1_1), TSKPFAST1_3 is >TSKPFAST1_4, and TSKPFAST2 provides a blue background (=TSKPFAST2_1) [The TSKPFAST2 indicatore starts at line 127]. I guess it is quite straight forwards when we deal with the first two conditions. However it's more fuzzy with the 3rd one.

Of course the final alert should include more indicators, but these two are pretty representative.

Thanks for your help so far!

Ron
          Attached Files

Comment

Second request

Hi Jason,

I posted a followup 5 days ago. Don't see your response. Can you please reply?

Hope you are doing well!

Ron

Comment

Hello Ron,

I'm not able to test your code currently. There is a problem with my current account log in. However, I would think your approach could work as long as you understand the requirements of the dlls. You may need to contact the Kwik Pop developers to find out if what you're trying to do is possible.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
              X