Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you do this ??? ( I Could In TS2000i)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you do this ??? ( I Could In TS2000i)

I have most my programs still in Omega Tradestation 2000i.

Does Esignal EFS have this type of ability.

Step One
    User inserts a TEXT letter like "U" (for UP) in the chart, under a LOW of a bar.

Step Two
    The User Starts the indicator in the price window that starts in action from the "U" insterted in the chart window.

Step Three
    The Indicator plots on the chart until the close of the latest bar breaks the indicator and the indicator stops plotting.

This type of ability is excellent for progamming STOP following tools from any bar selected in the chart.

If EFS can do this, how, examples please, and does it slow the program down at all.

Thx

Looks like nobody else has responded, so I will take a shot.

The answer is, no, not in the manner you describe. The limit here is that there is currently no method (that I know of) to read line drawings, ASCII tect, etc. that users have input into the chart directly.

However, there are some thing similar that you can do:

1) If you have rule sets on where you draw the U (and you must have, I doubt you choose it randomly), there is a high probability that you could code that in directly. Why force user input when you don't need to?

2) You can creat buttons and line that have the ability to do callbacks to EFS functions or even bring up a URL with printed results.
    Garth

Comment

Working...
    X