tick/ticki up down bar colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick/ticki up down bar colors

I am using an indicator tick/ticki.efs and you can go into edit studies and change the type of bars from histogram to up/dwn bars. You can also select the color of the up, neutral, and the down bars, effectivly having 3 different colored bars. The problem is their is some kind of glitch with my program or the efs itself. I noticed that MOST of the bars were the (default) orange color even when there seemed to be a trend in the bars. I decided to check the data with a cursor window and I am getting bug or glitch - for instance : H 700 L100 C200 the bar should be the color of a down bar - right? its neutral. The weird thing is that I am getting SOME bars the right colors but the majority are wrong. I am going to try to post a picture of my chart BUT I have never done that in this forum and I am not sure how. SO if I dont get the picture can someone please try out the $tick/$ticki.efs and let em know whats going on.
    Thanks,
    Graham Davis
    Attached Files

Graham
    I don't have the efs so I am not sure but it could be that the issue is again one of Time Template.
    Although you are using ES #F=2 which is confined to RTH only it still has those extra 15 minutes by virtue of your Time Template set to 00:00-00:00.
    As I said this is a guess at this time as I can't find the efs you are using
    Alex

Comment

Hello Graham,

The coloring of the bars is based on the close in relation to the upper and lower bands. If the close of the bar is between 500 and -500 the bar will be neutral. If it closes above 500 it will be green and it will be red when below -500. There's some more detailed info in this thread where the most recent developments with this formula were discussed.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

re tick/ticki

Thanks Jason,
        thats was some great work you guys hagled out on the developement of the tick/ticki indicator - much appreciation.
        Graham

Comment

Working...
        X