Overlay shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay shift

Online Live support and phone tech support referred me to this forum with the following question:

Please review the figure attached. The upper and the lower halves are 2 separate snapshots of the same subchart containing two indicators: "Heikin-Ashi chart indicator" overlayed by a proprietary indicator ("TSKPTRENDBIAS"). Both indicators are generating identical Y axis values. Yet, in the upper snapshot the scales of the two indicator are well aligned: the value 579 of the Heikin-Ashi chart, which is displayed on the right scale,is aligned with the value 579 of the TSKPTRENDBIAS, which is displayed on the left scale. This is also true in regards to the other values displayed (759.5 and 580).

However, just shortly beforehand, as displayed in the lower snapshot, The scale of TSKPTRENDBIAS on the left was misaligned, shifted a bit higher, compared to that on the right (this is evident when the numbers on the right and left Y axis are compared).

Apparently, the scale of the overlayed indicator is constantly readjusted compared to the primary indicator, even though they both use the same unit values on the Y axis scale. I tried to play with Scaling Auto/Price on the right click menu- with no resolution. Also tried to display both scales on one side (right) - again with no resolution.

My goal is to keep the the relationship between the indicators constant, identical to the constant relationship between a moving average and it's price bars on the price chart.

So - is there a simple solution to this problem that i'm unaware of? If not, is there a way to combine these two indicators in an efs file, and by using formulas like nFactor, to control their mutual relationships?

I'll appreciate any help!

Ron
    Attached Files

Hello Ron,

If you go to Edit Studies on the right-click menu and set each study to Scale Right and Display Right, you should get the fixed relationship you're looking for.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Strange...

Strange. As I wrote in my message I did try this suggestion and it did not work, yet now it does. Hopefully there isn't another confounding factor which would pop up later on. In the meantime - thanks a bunch for a prompt and helpful resolution.

Jason, I did not get reply from you for >6 days on the following thread: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...6&goto=newpost . Can you please address it?

Regards, Ron

Comment

Ron
        FYI Jason did respond to your message. You may want to check the thread.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X