Resetting alerts via chart buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting alerts via chart buttons

I thought it would be a good idea to put buttons on charts so that alerts could be reset. This would require the drawText BUTTON Flags to be coded into an efs alert script and unfortunately I can't program well - I've tried and I get nowhere.

This would be very handy for someone like myself who is a daytrader and gets several alerts everyday. At the moment I have to turn off the alerts by removing the alert formula and then adding it back again when the trade is over. Could someone help here and give an example script. I have attached an efs script - sorry it's a bit messy.

Another suggestion: is it possible to create an efs script with an alert that analyses 3 different charts? This would suit my trading method using Elder's triple screen system.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Attached Files

I am working on automated strategies but found that sometimes I want to override the trading signals or liquidate the position(s). In the event this takes place I want EFS/broker to realize this and not liquidate a phantom position thus opening me up to additional risk. Could jaste's idea work in this capacity as well. I am just learning EFS and would greatly appreciate some guidance here.

thank you,

c_13

Comment

Yes it could, efs is very flexible and can be programmed to do pretty much anything you want. However, what you are talking about is fairly advanced and would require significant commitment by yourself to learn efs.

I would recommend that you start off with a small efs of your own and use the BB to help you get through it. Once there, monitor the BB. Tips are prevalent. Finally, use the BB search and the File Sharing search tools. They are excellent. A number of the questions I have seen you post have been worked on before.

Alternatively, there are eSignal Partners out there who can help you if you need to get a fast start.

If you want, take a look at my fileshare area, Functions. There are some interesting efs's in there. ( at least I think they're interesting. )

Comment

thanks for the guidance; how do I find your specific group?

c_13
        Last edited by c_13; 02-07-2004, 08:27 AM.

Comment

There are several ways to find it, the one I like the best is using the Text search in the find a file. But in this case, the Group search works as well, search for Function. If you don't enter anything in the group search, you will get all the groups, there are quite a few of them, one of the reasons they came up with the text search feature.

Here is the link- http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=339

Comment

Working...
          X