Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling a function with an array output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling a function with an array output?

I have a function with an array output and I want to call a specific item in that array in another function. Could anyone tell me the correct syntax for doing this?

I can understand how to use call or callFunction to do this when the function has only one output, but not when it has four (as in this case).

Possible Assistance...

I don't know this for sure, but I would bet it would be something like...

return[x]

where x is the integer value of the four returned values. I would assume the list starts with 0 - so that would make it 0~3.

You can try it and see what happens?? This is how most of the other arrays are handled within EFS.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, I didn't explain the problem very well, I'm trying to reference the value from another function, not the same one.

I have a function called "MLROHLC.efs" (nothing clever, just the moving linear regression of the OHLC) the last line of which is:

return new Array(MLROpen,MLRHigh,MLRLow,MLRClose);

If, say, I want to access the first component (MLROpen) in this array from another function/study I assumed the call would be something like:

call("MLROHLC.efs","MLROpen",20);

.... but this doesn't work.

(The "20" refers to the only user input variable (length) in the formula).

Comment

Use something like this from calling program :

var study = call("Downloads/MLROHLC.efs",20);
        // DownLoads refers to the directory in which you have the
        // efs file MLROHLC - may be different for you

if (study == null) {return;}

var Open = study[0]; // var Open now contains MLROpen

you are now ready to use the value you wanted .

Look in EFS settings under tools for the root directory name of where it will begin the search for your formula ....

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X