is els and efs similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is els and efs similar

Is tradestation els and esignal efs similar or at least have similar ways of making codes. tradestation in giving a course in my area on making and testing formula and was thinking of taking it. If they are similar would learning the basics of tradestion help me with getting a start with efs esignal.

Esignal you should make a video on the basics of formula. I tried the pages on learning it but I can seem to get the basics down.

Watchdaride,

We do have some short online videos that may be helpful when it comes to learning the basics of EFS. These videos were made on a earlier version of eSignal, but the basic principal has not changed much. I hope this helps.

Comment

As far as the similarities and differences with Easy Language (ELA) and EFS, they are quite different. EFS uses Core JavaScript to base it structure on. ELA uses more of a macro language, and it's own type of structure. EFS 2 due out sometime this year, will incorporate both a macro style language and will also maintain backward compatibility with older EFS files.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

I have been trying to get some more details on EFS 2. It sounds like the more macro-type environment will be more user-friendly/inuitive. Trying to learn EFS has taken quite a bit of effort and is the only reason I haven't completely migrated my efforts from TS 7.2 at this point. How can I get more info on the proposed EFS 2 functionality?

c_13

Comment

C-13,

EFS 2 is still in the developmental stages and we don't have any documentation on it at this point in time. I believe that this feature is still roughly two builds from becoming released. Until then we don't have much information on it.

Comment

thank you DuaneG for your response. Please keep us posted.

c_13

Comment

Working...
            X