Problem with tick playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with tick playback

I been using tick playback without problems until this morning. For some unknown reasons my efs (which had previously been working ok in real time as well as in tick playback mode) was not running in playback mode. The pane for the efs was empty except for the message "Loading data ...". The efs, however, works fine in real time.

Anyone is aware of this problem please help. Thanks

Dzung Nguyen

If it was working before and not now, then there must have been something new introduced to cause this effect. Did you download a different version of eSignal? Was there any recent changes to your EFS file or to the type of data downloaded? For instance, is the EFS file using Bid/Ask data and there was none downloaded in the Tick Downloader, or are you using the Tick Replay on Forex data?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Dear Jay

As far as I know there was nothing new introduced. What happenned was:

1. I tick-played back to test an efs with a set of 10-day tick data. The play-back (@ 180x speed) was initially running fine, I then just surfed the net for a short while, and then left the test to finish. When I came back about half an hour later, the play-back dialog box showed that the test was about 80% completed, and was still running; but all Esignal windows disappeared (just a blank background behind the play-back dialog box). I checked my output files, they confirmed that the test was still running ok, so I left the test to finish.
      2. I restarted the PC, then re-ran the test (on the same set of data of course), but the efs did nothing except for the message: " Loading data ...)
      3. I tried to re-run again, it failed. With a different set of data, it also failed. Reduce play-back speed did not help.
      4. I ran the efs in real time. NO problem.
      5. I played back the efs again. Still problem.
      6. I created a new simple advanced chart with StochRSI.efs (from Esignal Library folder). Could not playback StochRSI.efs now. Still the message "Loading data ... " .
      7. I then asked for help!

I hope this report will help you and others identify the area of problems

Regards

Dzung Nguyen

Comment

Working...
      X