Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Get students usage in EFS - Where is the documentation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Get students usage in EFS - Where is the documentation?

I am looking for the documentation of Advanced GET studies for its usage in EFS script, something similar to the documentation of the basic studies found in EFS Help Center and Library.

In EFS Help Center and Library there is a link to an Advanced GET documentation, but nothing regarding EFS development.

I am needing to use the Elliot Waves study in a Trading System, and I found a script that uses this study, but I would like something less obscure to learn how to use advanced GET in EFS.

If anyone can help me, thanks in advance.

Paul,

Whatever documentation you found in the efs's pertaining to that particular study is all you will find. These efs's were not implimented by e-signal to the best of my knowledge. They were kindly put together by some people which many are greatful for!

This being that many members create efs's, but they are not documented by e-signal. You will need to find the creater if possible and ask them for what information you are seeking.

Sincerely,

Fibbgann
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Hello paulosfilho,

We actually do have some built-in study objects that will allow you to access the Advanced Gets studies. The information has not been updated in our Help Center yet. I'll forward a message to our web team to get that up to date. Please visit Chris Kryza's file share group, Specialty Scripts, and download his EFS Help File. In the Built-in Study Functions list, you will find the Advanced Get study objects and their parameters.

Here's an example of the Elliot Wave study,

GetElliottStudy()

GetElliottStudy( nNumBars, nPct4Overlap, nPct1LenOf3, nMavg1, nMavg2, Alternate )

Members

study.getValue(GetElliottStudy.WAVE);
      study.getValue(GetElliottStudy.W5PROJECTION1);
      study.getValue(GetElliottStudy.W5PROJECTION2);
      study.getValue(GetElliottStudy.MOSTRECENTWAVE);
      study.getValue(GetElliottStudy.MOSTRECENTWAVEBARIN DEX);
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason...

I apologize Paul I misunderstood the question. Is it friday yet!

Fibbgann
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Automated Coding for Get

Hi:
          This thread makes me think of a business idea:
          The need seems to be automated trading using the Advanced Get Models. These are:

Continuation trades:
          Type 1 Trade
          Selling with the Trend
          Buying with the trend

Trend reversal trades (or mean reversion):
          Type 2 Trade

volatility trades:
          XTL Trade

Solution:
          Automated trading of setups with stops.

Front end:
          Esignal, Dynaorder, Bracket Trader

Execution
          IB

If a developer has these available, do you have a demo or pricing available for your solution.
          Harndog

Comment

Thanks Harndog...

For sending me over here. And yes, I am really busy currently...

The first thing I have to say is.. Yes, I have created some Adv. Get scripts for clients. Of course, I would not be able to share these with anyone.

Second, I developed the "guides" in the efs help center. There is another one which has not been posted called the "Guide to developing EFS Graphics". It is located in my fileshare group.

Regarding developing a guide for Adv. Get?? I don't have a schedule to accomplish this. The information Jason provided should be able to help you get started with it. I know there are example scripts that you can also pick apart.

Regarding he development of a trading system - sounds like a great idea, but I don't have anything I can offer currently (a finished product). I've got about 10 projects on my desk at the moment and won't be able to take on anything new for a little while.

There is simply SOO MUCH you can do with EFS. I'm testing my new trade router app for hammer (done externally), an emini trading system, a stock trading system and finishing a bunch of other things. EFS is really unlimited as far as what can be accomplished.

Brad
            Brad Matheny
            eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
            X