Builtin MA bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builtin MA bug?

this ESF might have a bug, does not print in sync with price when a negative offset and EMA is configured. i need to refresh data to have it update, is there a fix? TIA
    Attached Files

rayl542921
    Unlike what happens with the Basic Studies the efs studies do not update the plots when using a negative offset (they do compute correctly though) and one needs to use setBar(). BTW this situation is similar to the one you were experiencing in this thread.
    Anyhow the attached efs adds the logic to update the plot of the MA even when using negative offsets.
    Alex

The attachment now contains the revised formula as per following message. Please download from this link again if you had downloaded the previous version
    Attached Files

Comment

makes sense, thanks!

thxs!

Comment

rayl542921
        After further reviewing the efs I posted earlier I noticed that the plot at the most recent offset bar was returning the correct value only once the bar was complete.
        I have therefore modified the formula so that it plots correctly also in real time and replaced the efs attached to the original post.
        Please download again and use the new version.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X