IB EFS vs Dynaorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB EFS vs Dynaorder

Is using dynaorder quicker than using the direct IB efs (my direct to IB efs slows dow and the feed flicks on/off)? Which is better, will dynaorder run smother and not slow down?

Does dynaorder use the IB Api directly in a similar way to the IB efs?

Previous thread:

I'm currently using an EFS with inbuilt orders directly to IB, using the IB efs formulas.

However when I have the EFS running and i'm logged onto IB, i get a esignal feed that flicks on and off and the efs pauses all the time and does not run smoothly. When I disconnect the IB api it works fine the efs and esignal have no probs. But manual trading takes up to much time and it can be stressful watching you money go up and down all day.

Regards
    Spam

I don't know the answer for certain, but looking at the documentation available and from reading the posts in this forum I would say that DynaOrder is probably faster. For sure it has a lot of features that I would consider essential before doing any automated trading.

As for specific speed issues with your efs it could be something other than the calls to IB. You may want to review your code for efficiency. There are many ways to tell the computer what you want to do. Some get processed faster than others. Sometimes changing where you declare a variable or where a loop or if statement is placed can make a big difference. Little things like this may increase the speed of execution by 200-300 percent.

Please don't take offense at the comments. I don't know anything about your background with computers or the specifics of your efs. They are just general comments about computer programs.

Comment

I have used Dynaorder for about a year, and would suggest you do the same. You simply have more control over the order functionality.

Dynaorder intergrates into EFS through the use of DLL calls, and additionally lets you paper trade in an automated fashion, to not only test your system, but provide realistic simulated fills.

It's great. I'd definately recommend using Dynaorder over EFS's native IB routines.

Comment

I take it then that Dynaorder does not use the IB api ???

To be honest when I turn off the esignal - IB api link, the efs works with no problems and everything including esig paper orders work great.

Comment

Working...
        X