Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning multiple indicators that have different scales

Greetings,

I would like to return an array containing several different kinds of indicators to be charted by my EFS script.

The problem is that between them, they are on several different scales.

Is there a way that some of them could be charted on the price study, and others in a lower panel?

For example, if I was returning an array of two elements in my script:

// plot the first element on the price bar
    setPriceStudy(true, 0);

// plot the second element on a lower bar
    setPriceStudy(false, 1);

Obviously though, this doesn't work. Is there any way to do this without having to open multiple strategies and manually place them (as it isn't really an option)?

Thanks in advance,
    Joshua C. Bergeron

Hi,

There currently is no way to plot to both both a price and non-price pane from the same EFS.

However, with the same EFS there MAY be a way to use the ability to set global variables (using setGlobalValue() and getGlobalValue()) such that if you run the EFS twice on a chart, the first one will run as a price study and the second as a non-price study. I haven't attempted to do this, so it might not work.

There are ideas floating around (not yet implemented, nor even truely planned...just ideas at this point) that would help with the above if they ever are implemented.
    Garth

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Returning multiple indicators that have different scales'

Hi: Would using the call function from a price study to a non-price study
      work???
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: <[email protected]>
      Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 6:43 PM
      Subject: Reply to post 'Returning multiple indicators that have different
      scales'

> Hello rhbishop,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

Comment

Hi,

Nope - the called function doesn't display, just returns values to the calling function.

I think even drawline() functions wouldn't work, because the preMain of the calling function would have set up evenrything to go to a specific pane.

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Greetings,

Thanks for the information. I'd love to be able to do this though, and I imagine a lot of other people would.

I am using a lot of indicators in my strategies to determine entry and exit points, but I can only plot one or two of them on the charts... Makes it rough to debug the scripts, not impossible of course... but rough.

Maybe add this to your list of stuff to implement?

Thanks,
          Joshua C. Bergeron

Comment

Hi,

I've requested this before, and not much has happened. The more people that request it, the more likely it is to happen.

Andy, Matt, at least one other person wants this ;-)

Garth
            Garth

Comment

Working...
            X