Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawText functionality issues

Hi,

I'm trying to draw some text buttons on the bottom left of the chart and can now do that (!!) The issue is that the spacing between them changes if the bar spacing changes. Is there any way to fix the positions?

Sort of related I am also trying to write some 2 or more elments of text either above ot below a bar. Adjusting the price scale again affects the vertical spacing between the chars. I've looked at getTextHeight and drawTextPixel but I'm not having any luck with them at all.

Cheers,

Rich Leung
    Last edited by muthaf; 03-01-2004, 06:27 AM.

I've searched through the archives again and managed to get the buttons sorted with some examples of drawTextPixel I found, thanks for that. It seems that the other issue was also addressed but no real solution found. If there is an update then please let me know.

Cheers,

Rich Leung

Comment

Try looking at these two examples to see if they will help

Comment

Steve,

Great, thanks for those, quite useful. Got the drawTextPixel stuff reasonable well sorted now although still cannot figure the cx, cy bits and their relevance to the price of fish...

Cheers,

Rich Leung

Comment

Rich,

If you would like, I created an efs which prints buttons across the whole screen with their coordinates, pixel style. It kind of maps the screen relative to your display resolution. I cannot find right now at my location, but I will look tonight and post.

Regards,

Comment

Here is the efs I referred to. You can change where the buttons are referenced to, either the top or bottom by doubleclicking any of the buttons.

It is kind of a fun efs if you want to learn how to redefine how your buttons are displaying at any time. Also it shows how to use left click, right button features, and left double click functionality.

Double click and the buttons and colors will toggle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X