EFS Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Reference

I use the EFS reference online but find it difficult and cumbersome - but that could just be me and is not a criticism of it as others may find it good. Is there an EFS formula reference document or help file that I can download?

Many thanks
    Guy
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Hi,

I'm assuming that when you say this:
    I use the EFS reference online but find it difficult and cumbersome
    you are referring to the EFS Help Center. If so, I can think of two documents that might be of interest.

The first is Chris Kryza's EFS Help doc, which is actually included w/in the EFS Help Center but also available for download to your PC from his FileShare Group.

The other choice would be to download Chapter 21/Appendix A of the eSignal Manual. This doc was created when we first released series 7.xx and does cover quite a bit of the basics. It wasn't enough information for intermediate to advanced users so we've been building additional online documentation ever since.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

The help file is great - thanks. I'm also trying to use the pdf manual that you refered me to. I unzipped it all into one directory and then opened the TOC and when i click on a chapter I get "The specified file esig70book.pdf does not exist."

Comment

Hi Guy,

Hadn't heard that one before so I just tried duplicating what you did and loaded the zipped manual into one directory. It unzips and opens just fine on my home PC; no error messages. Not sure what would cause that error but perhaps you can just select the individual chapters you're interested in and save those to your PC.

Thanks.

Comment

The file unzips fine without errors and each file opens without a problem if you double click it etc.

The way it is supposed to work (I believe - and correct me here if I'm wrong) is that you open the file named TOC.pdf and then look at the Table Of Contents and click on the Chapter that you want. That should then either jump to the relevant section of the file or open the appropriate file. This is where the error occurs.

I think that we were talking at cross purposes before.

Regards,
          Guy

PS The same should happen with the Index.pdf file. I've just tested this as well and some of the links in this file work and others don't.

Comment

Working...
          X