Locking EFS Code but not Study Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking EFS Code but not Study Properties

I have noticed that you can lock both the EFS and/or the properties of the study (Edit Studies Property Window).

I would like to be able to lock the EFS code but not the properties. Could you please tell me how to do so.

Thanks

Hello whatever,

I'm a little confused. Please tell me more about how you are "locking" the Edit Studies window.

If you are referring to file encryption (Tools-->EFS-->Encrypt/Decrypt), you can encrypt your code to "lock" your code, but any formula parameters defined in the study will still be available through the Edit Studies window. If you don't want any formula parameters to be accessible through the Edit Studies window you need to remove them from your formula code.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

You're correct. I just recheck the script I was thinking about and there are no variables or properties available to change. I thought there was a way to lock them but I understand now.

Thanks

Comment

Locking EFS code

Whatever...

there are a few solutions to this....

1. use the "encryption" system provided by EFS. This locks the source code from being viewed/modified, but does not lock(prevent) the use of the system.

2. use "addEntitlement()" to allow users to "run" your EFS file.

3. use the "expiration" function (see the example in the "OTHER" folder - within "formulas").

4. use a third party protection device. I have developed a web based protection utility that allows me to enable/disable individual users for individual applications. I'm working on making a version of this that will allow individuals (like yourself) to be able to maintain your own "entitlement rights" for your own group of people (users). But right now, it is not available.

if you have any questions, let me know

Hope this helps..

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Great information thanks for the help.

Comment

Which other folder are you referring to below?

Comment

philli4093
              Brad is referring to the folder called "Other" which is in the Formulas folder of the eSignal directory.
              Alex

Comment

The folder in the \Formulas\Other directory.

ie C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\Other\ExpiredFormula.efs

Comment

Working...
                X