• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E mini Spreads from SI Thread

Hello David,
    Thanks for that formula you helped me with:
    http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stock...msgid=18241622
    I typed it into my formula editor and have it up and running. ES Z2 has been changed to ES H3.

Quick question about the formula:

function preMain()
    {setCursorLabelName("Spread"); setStudyTitle("Spread")}
    function main() {var BL=0;
    return new Array(getValue("Close", 0, -1,"$spx") -
    getValue("Close", 0, -1,"es h3=2"),BL);}

The formula compares the spread between emini S&P and futures cash price ($SPX)

Can you tell me what interval this formula is set to? I am not sure what all the "get value" & other numbers refer to.
    Can I change the interval?

I would like the smallest interval possible that will work with ES H3 and $SPX. I have my chart set to 1 day, 9:30 - 4:00 EST. A tick chart or second chart would be great.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
    John

Hi TTW

Intervals are set by the chart, whatever interval the chart is set to determines the interval of the formulas.

To set a tick chart, left click on the chart, type

,1T then hit enter

To set a 1 second chart, similar setup, just type

,1s and hit enter.

good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info and for starting this thread. Although the emini trades almost 24hrs, I am going to have to wait till the cash S&P opens Monday to try out new intervals & play with this chart.

Does anyone know how often the cash S&P ($SPX) updates in Esignal during regular market hours?

I know the trading floor in the pit has something called "fast cash" I don't know if this is avalaible in Esignal or not.

I think the frequency of updates of $SPX will affect the accuracy of this chart.

I want to use this chart to determine when the futures price is at a premium or discount to the cash price.

Any input from anyone will be much appreciated.

TTW

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'E mini Spreads from SI Thread'

gambler

Does anyone know how often the cash S&P ($SPX) updates in
        Esignal during regular market hours?

I believe it is every 15 seconds
        Alex

Comment

A couple quick questions -

A 1 minute time interval will work with a user defined day (from 9:30 - 4:00 pm, but Tick and second charts only seem to work with dynamic default defined intervals & a 0:00 - 24:00 time frame. Is this correct?

Also, if I try a tick chart for the emini S&P with a dynamic 0:00 - 24:00 setting it seems to never load and locks up.
          I guess there are too many ticks, but I don't know.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'E mini Spreads from SI Thread'

gambler

As to your first question that is correct. Time Templates are not
            applicable - as of now - to Tick/Tick Bar/Seconds charts.

In general there are a lot of ticks in a 24hr period of ES. Irrespective it
            also depends on how many days you could be requesting.
            Create a new Chart Window (not an Advanced Chart). Then type ES H3 as the
            symbol and go to the Properties/General tab. There should be a setting for number of
            days. Set it at 1 or 2 and that should reduce the amount of data being
            requested (and as a consequence the download time).

Alex
            Last edited by ACM; 02-09-2003, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Gambler,

It sounds like what you want to do is plot the premium between the S&P futures and the cash index. This is accesible directly by the symbol $PREM, and can be plotted directly in an advanced chart.

Hope this helps,

VT

Comment

Working...
              X