Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow off bottom/top of chart

Hi,

I'm drawing arrows below/above bars to indicate buy/sells - no great surprise there. If I draw an arrow below the low bar that is visible on the chart then the arrow below it is not visible as it is off the chart. I don't want to right click: Scale -> Scale Price Data Only because I have pivot points on the chart and the prices almost become a horizontal line as a result.

Is there a way I can semi re-scale the chart such that anything such as smiley faces, arrows etc. are always visible.

Many thanks
    Guy
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

I believe...

You should use the following code as an example to draw text at the bottom of the chart...

drawTextRelative(barIndex,1, "CB" , Color.black, Color.RGB(0xE0, 0xFF, 0xE0), Text.CENTER | Text.FRAME | Text.ONTOP | Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM, null, null, "text");

Bar index should be 0 for current bars.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad,

Many thanks for the reply. I took your advice and modified it slightly with the help of the eSignal help file and am using the following:

drawShapeRelative(barSet, low(barSet) - offset, Shape.UPARROW, null, Color.lime, Shape.ONTOP | Shape.BOTTOM, "Buy" + BarCntr);

As you can see i'm using the drawShapeRelative() funcion and not the drawTextRelative() function. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work. Any other ideas?

Regards,
      Guy

PS I've also tried to use a Shape.RELATIVETOBOTTOM flag just in case it was an undocumented feature but this doesn't work either.
      Last edited by wildfiction; 04-17-2004, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Guy
        Try reversing the logic ie draw the Shape.UPARROW on the high(barSet)+offset and the Shape.DOWNARROW on the low(barSet)-offset. This way the Shapes are on the "inside" of the price plot and should be always visible
        Alex

Comment

That's a very good idea Alexis. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X