printing the manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing the manual

The online EFS library is great and I'd like to print it out and put it in a three ring binder for handy reference. I'd especially like to print out the EFS Function Reference sections. A printout of the HTML version doesn't look very good because there are carriage returns in odd places. Is there a nice looking pdf or Word version anywhere?

The same goes for the Core JavaScript Guide on the netscape webpage. The HTML version is great but I'd also like to print it. Does it exist as a single file?

Hi,

One of our partners (Chris Kryza) wrote the Help Files for EFS and you can download the file directly in his File Share Group.

We are also just at the beginning of a new project that will introduce a KnowedgeBase to our site and we'll move much of the technical documentation to this new KB. By doing so, printing from on-screen should improve.

Thanks.

Comment

Great! Thanks, Scott. The Knowledge Base is a great idea.

With the use of Smart HLP 2 RTF (available at Download.com) I was able to turn Chris' help files into a single, nicely-formated, rtf file and then print it using Word.
      Last edited by Foz; 04-28-2004, 07:29 AM.

Comment

If you are willing to spend the $45, I highly recommend the text "JavaScript, The Definitive Guide" by David Flanagan. It is published by O'Reilly. ISBN 0-596-00048-0

It contains, among other things, a section devoted exclusively to listing each and every function available to JavaScript programmers.

Warning, you will see things there that you can't access via our trusty old efs scripts. Many of these will leave you in a wishful state of mind.

Bob

Comment

Bob, how do you identify what JavaScript things we can't use in EFS? Just try them? Or is there a certain class of objects or methods we can't use?

Comment

Hello Foz,

Please read our Introduction to EFS from the EFS Help Center. You'll find some links to core JavaScript 1.5 reference material.

In the fourth edition of Flanagan's book, the section you should focus on is the Core JavaScript Reference section (pages 429-537). This covers the core functionality that EFS uses. The EFS Help Center reference material only covers our EFS extensions to the core JavaScript 1.5 language. Hope this helps.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks, Jason. I've been using that EFS help center and library a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X