I am getting no sound on alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting no sound on alerts

No matter what I do, I can not get any EFS with sound.wav to activate..

see attached file..this EFS specifies that a ding.wav should happen on the crossover of the stochtasic..This does not happen..

Got the arrow to finnailly work in realtime, will flicker or change up or down at the exact crossover, but I also need the sound to work..

Some please help!!

Racer
    Attached Files

Racer
    There was an error in the conditions for the alerts in the efs you posted
    The attached revision will play a sound once a bar is completed and the cross is confirmed.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Alexis..I really appreicate the speed that you gave this efs, but I tryed it in Tick replay and bar replay and although the indicator worked to perfection, still no pop up alert or sound..Any other ideas??

Racer..

Comment

Racer
        I had tested it in Tick and Bar Replay before posting it and have tested it again and the efs is playing a sound and triggering the Alert List as you can see in the enclosed image.
        You may want to check the Sound Files Root. To do this select Tools->EFS->Settings from the main menu and make sure the path is pointing to the Sounds folder of eSignal.
        Alex

Comment

Racer
          You may also want to check that the Triggered Alert List is set to Popup when triggered. To do this select Tools->EFS->Alert List from the main menu. When the Triggered Alert list appears right click it and make sure Popup on Alert is checked.
          Alex

Comment

Again I must say thank you..you are very kind, but it still does not work..do you have any other ideas??

I did contact support twice with no help at all..I am getting desperate..

Racer

PS: I do not have AdvGet, only advanced charts..

Comment

Racer,

FWIW, I went ahead and tried running on my end. The Pop up Alert and the audible alert worked in tick playback. I can only confirm the functionality of the efs. What version of eSignal do you have installed?

Comment

Racer
                Following to Steve's post I am confident at this point that the issue does not lie with the efs itself.
                In thinking this over though I remembered that in another thread you reported that the signals generated by other EFSs appeared to be one bar late.
                It could be that you have the global Compute On Close switched on which would prevent this and similarly written efs from triggering alerts. To verify the setting select Tools->EFS->Settings in the main menu and make sure there is no check in Make all formulas compute on close (rather than...) (see enclosed image). You will have to restart the application for the new setting to go in effect.
                Alex

Comment

Alex & Steve:

Many thanks!!!

I still get no sound and as you say Alex I really don't think it is an EFS problem, but something on this end..The question is what is it??..

I have everything to this point as you have said, but if I open the "sounds" file from open a folder, no (.wav) files are showing..

They are there for sure, but I can not se them at all..that in its self does not seem correct, but what do I know

As I say, the visual aspect of the efs works to perfection now that I unchecked the global thing ( actually I found that before my first post in this link)..What is really funny is that in the pop up list I am showing alerts that have triggered months ago that I didn't even know I had set..ie: 20MA crossover..that isn't even a standard alert, so something at one time worked..

To answer Steve's question, I am running 7.6 that I have now downloaded 5 times..I uninstalled and reinstalled eSignal that many times the past 24 hours!!

One thing I did find is that the eSignal .wav files are run via Winamp..Is that correct??

Sorry for the length of this post but as I say for the amount of money that one pays for this service you would think that the product would work as intended..

After the many attempts to have eSignail figure this out, via live rep..(forget that) and 4 phone calls, ,not toll free I may add, and one session of a support tech in my computer, and then having him say I should contact Alexis, maybe one can see how frustrated I have become..

I really think it is a simple thing that is either not checked or unchecked, but what can that be??

Again let me say, "THANKS" Alexis, you are super!!

Racer!!

PS: Is there a way if this thing can not be resoloved that the "arrows" font size be increased, age makes, # 1 the hair fall out, past that, and #2, the sight go, in that stage right now!!

Comment

Do regular audible alerts work in eSignal? There are times when MS Windows simply struggles to recognize eSignal as an app that produces sounds. I'd set a few alerts in eSignal and see if they trigger a sound. If they don't, here's an FAQ on the subject with a few more suggestions.

Thanks.

Comment

Racer

Is there a way if this thing can not be resoloved that the "arrows" font size be increased...?

Yes the size of the arrows drawn on the chart can be modified.
                      To do this open the efs with the Editor and look for commands that begin with drawTextRelative(.... In those commands right after the font name (in the case of this efs it is "Wingdings") there is a number which is the size of the font.
                      Alex

Comment

Alexis..Thanks a ton!!!!

Scott..To answer your question..no regular alerts do not work either..

I have looked at the sound device in Control Panel and can not figure out for the life of me how to change it as explained in the FAQ..If you or anyone else could help me it would be appreciated beyond belief..

Also..when I pull up the regular alert icon it is defaulting to $INDU, which can not be changed unless you place the alert into a global mode or placing an alert on say the High or Low price..

As I stated before, I am not a programmer and only have a general concept on computers..Thanks in Advance for your help..

Racer..

Comment

Does this Microsoft FAQ help? There are lots of other FAQs about Sound issues in the MS Support area so you might want to run a search using the keyword sound. Aside from eSignal, do you get sounds using all your other applications?

On the Alert default, $INDU would seem to be the last symbol you placed an alert on. From a quote window, mouse over a symbol and use the right-click menu and choose set alert. Add an alert and click OK. Now when you click that Alert icon, you should see that last symbol as the default.

Thanks.

Comment

Sound issues...

SC,

The odd thing is that you can't see the sound files (at least for me)... I would suggest right-clicking on the start menu, then click on EXPLORE, then go to the folder in question (c:\program files\esignal\sounds) and look for the files. If they are STILL NOT THERE, then this could be part of your problem.

The other thing is that WINAMP is your default "sound player" and when you launch a sound file, it will try to start in WINAMP. From within esignal, I don't believe WINAMP is used - others can verify this...

I quickly scanned this thread and have some dumb questions??

1. does your computer ever many any sounds??
                            2. if not, are you speakers turned up? or is your volume turned up?

another thing you could try to do is reinstall your sound drivers. if you can find the CD that came with your system, you could try it.

But first things first, make sure the sound files are actually there and your computer can actually play sounds, then address things like drivers and settings.

B
                            Brad Matheny
                            eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Brad

The odd thing is that you can't see the sound files (at least for me)...

If he used the Open icon in eSignal then he would not see the wav files unless he also selected All Files(*.*) from the Files of type: dropdown list in the Open dialog box.
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X